Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

Libra

Premium Member

Installed IE9 on Vista, now Flash Manager doesn't work

Click for full size
cannot set anything :(
I just installed IE9 thinking that would make the computer more secure. Then I installed Flash 12.0.0.77. When I went to the Flash Settings Manager I get the picture of the page but no Flash Manager is there. I'm not getting prompted to permit active X either. I looked in the Add-ons for IE and it shows Flash 12.0.0.77 installed and enabled.

Is there any setting I have to change in IE, or should I just uninstall it and hope IE8 works properly again?

Here's is a screenshot.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra
Libra

Libra

Premium Member

Also, I just brought up youtube and can view that on IE9. The problem of not viewing or setting the settings manager is on the Admin and a standard user account.

Meanwhile I can use the settings manager on Pale Moon just fine.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to Libra

to Libra
said by Libra:

I just installed IE9 thinking that would make the computer more secure.

If you want to be secure, use any browser besides IE. IE has components that are part of the operating system. No other browser does that. So an infection could have direct access to your OS.
Libra
Premium Member
USA

1 edit

Libra

Premium Member

EDIT: For the record, I uninstalled IE9 and IE8 is back and I can control the Flash Player Manager again.
~~~~~~
Thank you for your reply. I usually don't use IE but thought installing version 9 was more secure. Maybe I'll just uninstall Flash in IE for now.

Sincerely, Libra

porkpie
No Pork For 40 Days
join:2001-05-28
Cleveland, OH

porkpie to Libra

to Libra
You can also control Flash Player settings in Windows.

Go to Control Panel, System, Other, in Windows Vista

It might be under Security
I am trying to go by memory
Hope that this helps

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

Flash Player has its own icon in Control Panel "icon view" that opens Player Settings Manager.
jupitermoon
join:2011-09-27

jupitermoon to Libra

to Libra
Click for full size
I have IE9 installed in Vista and the Flash Player Settings Manager at the following link works, so this is not a Vista-IE 9 incompatibility.

»www.macromedia.com/suppo ··· r02.html

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to howardfine

to howardfine
said by howardfine:

If you want to be secure, use any browser besides IE.

»www.neowin.net/news/ever ··· -pwn2own
Libra
Premium Member
USA

Libra to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
As mentioned, I uninstalled IE9. I don't fully trust the Control Panel Flash settings tab, since I have set that to disallow everything but once or twice, when I checked the online settngs manager for all accounts (admin, and standard users) I found one account had it set to do auto downloads and to take space on my computer.

I may try to install it again at some point and hope for better results.

Thank you everyone.

Sincerely, Libra