spc
Search similar:

uniqs
VANS
join:2006-03-28
Salaberry-De-Valleyfield, QC

VANS

Received a paper from Bell

Hello, I received today a paper from Bell saying "Taking the Bell network to a new level; We're installing Fibe Canada's most advanced network, in your neighbourhood. During this time our teams may access the Bell equipment located on your property. bla bla".
Does this mean they'll be upgrading soon to FTTH? I've asked before if there was any plans for Salaberry-de-Valleyfield,Quebec and no one could tell me much about it.
Anyone can confirm? Also how much time does it usually take? I'm so excited lol.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Are there poles on your property where the Bell lines run?

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin to VANS

Premium Member

to VANS
Exactly! Is to install FiberToTheHome in your neighborhood
VANS

VANS

A partir du moment que j'ai recu cet info, combien de temps ca peut prendre pour faire installer ca?

Martin
Premium Member
Blainville, QC

Martin

Premium Member

D'ici un an...
VANS

VANS

Pas pire quand meme, j'aurais jamais penser que ca se renderais ici!

Martin
Premium Member
Blainville, QC

Martin to VANS

Premium Member

to VANS
La FTTH est en déploiement un peu partout au Québec et en Ontario sur tout le territoire desservie par Bell, la FTTH c'est l'avenir, le cuivre et le coax fait partie du passé...
VANS

VANS

Ouais sauf que vu la densité du Quebec, je croyait que ca aurait couté trop cher à Bell pour que ca arrive (apart dans les grosses ville bien sur)
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to VANS

to VANS
If you haven't seen any physical work on or close to your property chances are it's fttn and if where you are is fed by burried wires then definitely fttn

V4ns
@telus.com

V4ns

Anon

Well I am already on FTTN 25/10 so im guessing it will be FTTH?
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to btech805

to btech805
said by btech805:

If you haven't seen any physical work on or close to your property chances are it's fttn and if where you are is fed by burried wires then definitely fttn

im on the south shore of MTL in the J6K and they strung fibre back in july and FTTH was available in december
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

They might actually be grooming for IPTV. If you have 25/10, but can't already get IPTV, I would assume that's what they're talking about.

If you can already get IPTV, though, then it's probably FTTH. It would make no sense for them to upgrade you to a different DSL product if you can already get their best DSL product.

V4NS
@bell.ca

V4NS to telco_mtl

Anon

to telco_mtl
Yeah there wires go in the pole across the street
V4NS

V4NS to taraf

Anon

to taraf
Most people in valleyfield can only get 5mbps or 6, im just lucky enough to live really close from the CO, I doubt there is iptv here too

SolvietSteve
@bell.ca

SolvietSteve

Anon

if you can only get fibe internet, then that means they are "grooming" your line so it is capable of "fibe internet" + "fibe tv" which means the line instead of 25mbps it must be capable of 37-48 mbps, so it means theyre doing equiptment upgrades in your street somewhere.

-Solviet Steve
from the former Solviet Union

V4NS
@telus.com

V4NS

Anon

Also the Bell guy that installed my 25/10 3 weeks ago told me that they were about to get the city ready for wireless fibe, does one absolutely need FTTH to be able to get wireless fibe?
btech805
Canada

btech805

Nope same fttn. Wireless is just the receivers are wireless for the tv. 37-48 mbps download is required so thats the "grooming" our cable repair department does. If you're a little far from the slam pair bonding is available however I would suggest not getting it of download speed is your primary concern and you have to be pair bonded
VANS

VANS

Click for full size
there has been some work next to the pole where my line goes outside, I have no idea if it's from Bell but I took a picture from my home and it looks like this:
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316

Va plus proche
VANS

VANS

Click for full size
Tiens, mon cell prend des photos de marde un peu sorry.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Looks like it's a concrete pad for a CSP, FTTH distribution box.
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to VANS

to VANS
There is an orange tag on the concrete on the left. It looks to be a Bell one and that concrete looks pretty new. And it looks there are 3 holes in it. The wooden box seems to have the side of a CSP, wich is a fiber cabinet for FTTH.
VANS

VANS

Amazing news, thanks!!
VANS

VANS

I was wondering how many buildings can a cabinet like this support (if it's truly intended for FTTH)?
btech805
Canada

btech805

Depends how many connections they make but it will probably be similar to your current fttn setup. If you're in an apartment building though don't hold up hope that you're getting ftth
VANS

VANS

there are pretty much only duplexes buildings in my area, maybe a few houses but thats all.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

well on the other side of the canal its all fttn, my client on du havre was only able to get fttn.
btech805
Canada

btech805 to VANS

to VANS
Duplexes and triplexes you're probably fine, if its low rise complexes or higher id say you're never going to get it. You'll have a hard time convincing anyone it's worth while replacing the riser cables with fibre
BigWater
join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC

BigWater to VANS

to VANS
What do you have right now ? FTTN? or even regular DSL?
VANS

VANS

I am on FTTN 25/10