uniqs
share rss forum feed

hca1945

join:2013-08-10
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

[Phone] Nomorobo

I just became aware of a program to block robo calls called Nomorobo. It apparently works with VOIP phone systems that support simultaneous rings. According to the site, Time Warner is a supported system. The web site says it is free, and there are several news organizations that have covered it and proclaimed it to work. Has anyone here had experience with this? I'm tempted to give it a try, but a little worried that it may block legitimate calls, so I wanted to hear about others' experiences before signing up for it. I have HAD it with telemarketers.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9

How strange... they've been written up, and praised by major news media, but on their site there is NO explanation of the service, or what you're getting yourself into. Interesting.

bob550

join:2001-02-13
Glenmont, NY
reply to hca1945

I've been using Nomorobo for several weeks now. It does an effective job, for the most part. There have been some numbers that will occasionally be blocked that probably shouldn't have been, although nothing terribly important. You can "petition" Nomorobo to unblock the number in question if you wish. Since scam callers will routinely change their numbers, Nomorobo has to periodically update to include those new numbers. Or, you can "petition" Nomorobo to add that number to the blocked list. Time Warner has it's own call blocking feature that you can use in combination with Nomorobo for more effectiveness.

hca1945

join:2013-08-10
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Bob, can you disable Nomorobo at will? Once it is installed, how do you uninstall it? And what is the petition process? I've used all 30 of the TWC call block, and 98 of the 250 available blocks on my Panasonic phone, so I'm thinking ahead with Nomorobo.

bob550

join:2001-02-13
Glenmont, NY

Once you've set up your account with Nomorobo, you can report numbers that rang through. Normally, if the number is blocked, your phone only rings once. I would guess that what I'm describing as a "petition" process involves a review by someone at Nomorobo to determine whether the number is an actual unwanted caller. As for "uninstalling" Nomorobo, you'd simply remove your phone number from their system via their website, after logging in. Nomorobo guides you through the complete setup process, including the necessary steps on your Time Warner My Services Voice Zone site. If you want complete control over these callers, I'd recommend the Digitone Call Blocker. It's the priciest of all, but it's the nuclear option. You can read more about it's feature set on their website: »www.digitone.com/