signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Bird singing?

I heard a bird singing yesterday. Just one bird, and I'm not sure what type of bird, but it was a familiar song and it was lovely, felt almost like kissing my girl the first time. Don't hear it today though. Nice way to start school's Spring break! Could it be true, is Spring around the corner?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Weve had Robins and Red Winged Blackbirds around the last couple of weeks. Springs coming.....but maybe not until after the snow possibly buries us again on Monday!

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium
join:2004-05-06
Cypress, CA
kudos:4
reply to signmeuptoo

I miss those Robins we had every Spring back home...out here we have no spring, just slightly warmer temps. :-/

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

1 recommendation

suprleg, I get Robins here in the SF Bay Area both in the Spring and in the Fall. Haven't seen any yet this year but my daffodils have already bloomed and my orchids are in bloom now.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 edit
reply to signmeuptoo

I now remember how much getting warm weather meant, like back when I was a kid living here in CT. The seasons are distinct here, and have real meaning because of it. So more snow Monday? Woa, not again! We had flurries yesterday, there was a slight dusting here where I live. Right now would be a perfect time to take a trip down to the Paseo Del Rio in S'Antone, hey Bill, wanna give me a lift there?

I remember those cacklers, the birds that sound like wise asses, don't know the type of bird, when Spring came in Houston. Crazy cacklers they were, I miss those crazy birds.

I can't find that bird, but there's a bird that has a song that sounds like it's being a wise guy, down in TX, sounds like a crazy bird, they'd hang out in small numbers on power lines and they were large and black as best as I can remember. I've seen them down on the River Walk also, I think.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage
reply to signmeuptoo

The bird noises were so bad early the other morning, that they woke me up from a sound sleep! Once I woke up and realized that the birdies really were singing just outside my window, I realized how nice it was to get a signal that Spring is finally on the way!

My jonquils have sprouted; just hoping they don't get nailed like they have for the last two years; I missed having them. Time will tell on that, as we have "rain mixed with snow" in the forecast for Sunday.
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

Up here in mid Michigan we may have flowers too but they will be under a foot of snow!

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

so far, mostly just magpies around. nice looking birds, but the cannot sing worth a lick!

Icarus
Premium,Mod
Off Center

1 recommendation

reply to sashwa

said by sashwa:

.... my daffodils have already bloomed......

We have 1 lonely daffodil that comes up by the chimney on the south side of the house first every year. Everything else is snow covered except about a foot around the chimney which never freezes as we heat the house entirely with wood. The chimney hasnt cooled down since October
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

2 recommendations

You keep a fire burning all winter just to warm up one daffodil, Icky?
--
Join Team Helix

Icarus
Premium,Mod
Off Center

1 recommendation

The snow was too deep for me to go out there and charm it outta the ground!~