share rss forum feed

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
reply to Hawk

Re: [Plumbing] Detonating Toilets

Something as simple as a toilet they have managed to make a potential disaster sitting in residential bathrooms. How did we manage to go to the moon when we can't make a reliable toilet or one that doesn't blow up?

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

We went to the moon without worrying what treehuggers think.

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Jack_in_VA

said by Jack_in_VA:

Something as simple as a toilet they have managed to make a potential disaster sitting in residential bathrooms. How did we manage to go to the moon when we can't make a reliable toilet or one that doesn't blow up?

They being the manufacturer. There are other toilet that work fine and don't explode.

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Lurch77

said by Lurch77:

Geez! give us a break.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to SparkChaser

said by SparkChaser:

said by Jack_in_VA:

They being the manufacturer. There are other toilet that work fine and don't explode.

Very true. The ones that are conventional the design having been used successfully for many years. It's the new engineers designs trying to appease the EPA government bureaucrats. Result a dangerous toilet.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to SparkChaser

said by SparkChaser:

said by Lurch77:

Geez! give us a break.

Really? You took it that seriously? It was typed tongue in cheek.

But hey, if that's how you want it, it is the truth. Toilets are the way they are because of environmental reasons. Less water usage. So to counter that we come up with things like these pressurized toilets to help flush the shit down. I'm not taking a stand on either side of the issue, but it is the way it is. Comparing it to NASA going to the moon was an extreme example, and also said with tongue in cheek (at least that's how I took it). But I am sure environmental impact was little concern when they did it back then.

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX
reply to Jack_in_VA

said by Jack_in_VA:

Yup. without a doubt.

Most engineers are doing a job.

Hawk
Riding Thermals
Premium
join:2003-08-25
The Desert
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Jack_in_VA

said by Jack_in_VA:

The ones that are conventional the design having been used successfully for many years

Back when serving my apprenticeship, things were much simpler!

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX