spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

Hangmen on Discovery

Did anyone watch Hangmen on Discovery tonight? It was OK but they need stop exaggerating facts and staging accidents. One sector antenna does not supply service to 150,000 users over 20 miles in a urban environment. The falling mount and bee stings seem a bit staged.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to battleop
Of course it's staged. It's a TV show!!!
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

TrustJesus

@mycingular.net
reply to battleop
In all honesty, I think Hang Men was a very good show especially since it seemed not as "staged" like most the other current discovery channel shows. Naturally, there are going to be certain things that are planned, why condemn that which is inevitable? it actually was interesting and exciting.

djohnston

@cox.net
reply to battleop
I gave it 15 minutes then gave up and deleted the rest of the show. It's one thing to make a show that realistically portrays what these people do and the risks they take; it's another to make a show that resembles "The Real Housewives of NJ" and toss in some fake danger. When did Discovery channel become purveyors of such crap?

OHSrob

join:2011-06-08
said by djohnston :

I gave it 15 minutes then gave up and deleted the rest of the show. It's one thing to make a show that realistically portrays what these people do and the risks they take; it's another to make a show that resembles "The Real Housewives of NJ" and toss in some fake danger. When did Discovery channel become purveyors of such crap?

About the same time this happened on history channel.

--
www.ontariohighspeed.ca
Expand your moderator at work

JSG

@verizon.net
reply to battleop

Re: Hangmen on Discovery

The dangers are real. My son is 22 and does this for a living in New England. And the bee stings are real. A climber who was climbing with my son did get stung at 200 feet and had to get off the tower due to being highly allergic to bees. Also some of the stories my son tell me about thing on the tower from previous people working on the are loose and not secured the proper way did fall off the tower. I watched the who show and thought it was very true to the job.

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
kudos:1
We all do this for a living. We are well aware of the dangers.

HangIn4More

@softlayer.com
reply to JSG
People are so jaded from bad programs, that they can't differentiate fact from fiction. As the previous poster stated, the bee sting was real. Don't you think if they were staging something they would have found something more exciting to set up? I thought the show was very interesting -- "Deadliest Catch" with vertigo instead of the high seas. The only thing I was bothered by is that they didn't show what was coming up next on future episodes.

Anon2222222

@12.154.40.x
reply to battleop
This show is soooo staged. I know the dude Jon and his girlfriend Jen. He just met the dude he is so called working for 12 years lol. This dude has his own business.

battleop

reply to JSG
I don't doubt for a second that these things happen but these things were staged for the cameras.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

battleop

reply to HangIn4More
"The only thing I was bothered by is that they didn't show what was coming up next on future episodes."

It's was a pilot. Maybe it will get picked up.
--

sad day

@comcast.net
reply to JSG
Battleop, I have been climbing for 25+ years. The dangers of the job are real. But the way it was portrayed in the show was very poorly done. I have seen first time climbers who looked more capable of climbing then these people. The girl said she had been climbing for years but had never been over 200ft?

The whole working in the dark is too dangerous, there are numerous jobs that have to be done in the dark in order for TV and Radio stations to shut down.

So you are from New England, have you ever driven down 95 through Needham. 4 towers 1000ft plus each one has hi-power tv and radio, people climb them at night all the time.

Yes we want people to appreciate the dangers of the business, but as far as I'm concerned this was as bad as Tower Dawgs, it's a real shame people in the industry are willing to film such shows and make us all look like idiots.
said by JSG :

The dangers are real. My son is 22 and does this for a living in New England. And the bee stings are real. A climber who was climbing with my son did get stung at 200 feet and had to get off the tower due to being highly allergic to bees. Also some of the stories my son tell me about thing on the tower from previous people working on the are loose and not secured the proper way did fall off the tower. I watched the who show and thought it was very true to the job.

Wanted003

@72.54.94.x
Ive been in the climbing for more the 18 year. But I didn't like how they made tower hands out to be. I understand this is a show, and there is more to the work then they show.

1st off, I didn't like how the hand was babying his girl friend. I have work will girl tower hand before, and they want to be treaded equal. 2nd, they need to a real tower crew.

tower monkey

@mycingular.net
reply to battleop
This show is a joke. Please find a real crew to film if ur gonna film us at all. This show is an embarrassment. Thats not how we do. You want real climbers? Go find a legit company offer them good money and you'll give viewers something more interesting. This current tv show is a fairy tale.
Expand your moderator at work

System
reply to battleop
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course