mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

1 recommendation

mbernste

MVM

Remotely "Hit" Your Box

I just discovered that you can request a hit to your cable box online. This is a pretty handy feature do have when trying to resolve missing channels. In the past I've always had to call up to have this done. I just thought I'd pass this along since I haven't seen anyone else mention this before.
cowbawx
join:2002-03-04
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx

I have one box (SA 8300HD). I get an error when running it in IE or Firefox (latest versions).

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

Odd. Worked just fine in Firefox on my Mac.
"hank you. We were successfully able to communicate with all of the equipment in your home. This should have resolved the issue you are having. If you are still having a problem after 15 minutes, please contact customer service."

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to mbernste

to mbernste
thanks!

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to mbernste

to mbernste
Similarly it looks like you can now edit the box settings from the site, add favorite channels, and even copy the settings to another box!

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to mbernste

Premium Member

to mbernste
How is this any different than the rock I already use to hit my box when it doesn't work?

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to andrewc2

MVM

to andrewc2
said by andrewc2:

looks like you can now edit the box settings from the site

Got a link?
mbernste

mbernste to andrewc2

MVM

to andrewc2
Never mind. I found it. It looks like most of the edit buttons aren't active yet, which means this isn't a feature yet available.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to mbernste

to mbernste
That was quite a cool link, thanks.

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to mbernste

to mbernste
said by mbernste:

which means this isn't a feature yet available.

All the edit buttons worked for me, I found that if you clicked one Edit button you have to cancel that first then you can click on another edit button.

momcat1
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to mbernste

to mbernste
I know this is an old thread, but I just located it. I thought it might help troubleshoot the problems we're having. But if I try to go to the test page, I now get a 404. Anyone else having trouble with this?
jpr281
join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY

jpr281

Click for full size
said by momcat1:

I know this is an old thread, but I just located it. I thought it might help troubleshoot the problems we're having. But if I try to go to the test page, I now get a 404. Anyone else having trouble with this?

I just tried using Chrome on OS X and it worked fine. Located all the boxes within 30 seconds.

momcat1
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to mbernste

to mbernste
It's back up now.