All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wintermute20
join:2013-03-27

wintermute20

[Connection] Regular Pixelation on Comedy Central

I have a weird problem that I thought I'd share here. I'm in Minneapolis and I record The Colbert Report on my TiVo Roamio. The TiVo has a CableCard installed. On every recorded episode, there is pixelation and audio drop-out approximately two minutes into the episode. It only lasts a few seconds, but it occurs without fail on every episode.

I notice occasional pixelation on other recordings, but nothing that occurs with this consistency. Any thoughts on the cause? Do I need to have a tech come out?

Thanks for your time.
Cable Employ
join:2012-07-23
Saint Paul, MN

Cable Employ

[Connection] Re: Regular Pixelation on Comedy Central

Do you have any other tv's in the house? Do you see the tiling on those TV's, or is it only on the tivo recordings?

If it is just on that device, I would check to make sure all the cables are tight, otherwise it could be a bad cablecard, or the card isn't tight into the tivo unit.
djlandkpl
join:2007-12-27
Norton, MA

djlandkpl to wintermute20

to wintermute20

Re: [Connection] Regular Pixelation on Comedy Central

I had the same issue with CBS in my area. It seems to have been fixed but it was driving me nuts as it usually happened during a good scene. The show/time didn't matter.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

I used to get i pixelation on WTXF-HD (Fox Philadephia) after the HD feed was added in the summer of 2012 (I already had WNYW NYC in HD). It looks much better now.