spc
Search similar:

uniqs
keyspc
join:2013-04-11

keyspc

Arris can it give dhcp and static IP?

Setup:
Arris telephony/modem into unmanaged switch. from switch one port to desktop( out for repairs)one port to printer and third to D-link router.
I can ping Arris at default address through d-link router/wifi.
Problem: i cant get it to cop an IP address. cant guess a static address.
Ideas anyone?
right below this setup is a motorollo modem going into dlan BHN hotspot. i cant see the hotspot but have 69db on the dlink!
office will be closed until Tuesday and then only a couple of random hours on random days next week.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Do you subscribe to our static service?
keyspc

keyspc

I think he does, the home office is supposed to be able to print to printer/FAX that's on switch.
It is a small mobile home park that i pay rent to so if i could do this he'd owe me a favor
O
He's only in office when one sells or first of month. But he's given to go ahead and i do have modem mac written down. ii gave him the router.
Thanks
BTW the bee's have gotten even worse! will be pulling new cable in house when exterminator comes. THATS the favor I want!!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to keyspc

Premium Member

to keyspc
Well the way you describe it above is honestly all wrong unless there are some missing pieces... it should go modem, router, device device device, switch, device, device device
keyspc

keyspc

thats the way I'd do it. but yeah, its modem=>switch=>Devices and router {printer/FAX{desktop}} not sure just how the heck i can go about it the right way without knowing what IP to use. When i put laptop direct wire to mode i still don't get auto IP.
EDIT cant change IP of printer or will be tortured by being dipped in honey
keyspc

keyspc

HMM,can see modem through router at default address and can see reports but, cant see a printer with scanner?????
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to keyspc

Premium Member

to keyspc
I have to be honest with you....without me setting eyes on everything and how it's configured I don't feel comfortable telling you what to do...obviously he's got something funky going on there and touching it would mess it up no matter how screwy it may already be.
keyspc

keyspc

I concur!