uniqs
One More Too
join:2010-09-09
Galena, IL

One More Too to Just Rachel

to Just Rachel

Re: [HN7000S] Dropbox

said by Just Rachel:

Please, please, does anyone have any suggestions?

As has already been suggested by, now, 3 different people, I suspect that there is a high probability that your problem is being caused by the Avast. And, as I said above, getting rid of the Avast on my computers led to the immediate disappearance of several problems that I had been having with my computers.

From both my experience and from that of others, I have no question that the quality of the Avast software has gone down over time. It would appear that this is not what you want to hear, but, if you haven't tried what multiple people have independently suggested, the chance is good that you are ignoring what would solve your problem. Again, not only for your problems with DropBox, but also for several other reasons, I would suggest completely uninstalling Avast immediately and replacing it with any of a number of other (free) anti-virus programs that are not plagued with a multitude of issues.

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

OK - I DON'T have Hughesnet but I do have Avast and use Dropbox.
FWIW, I have absolutely no issues with Dropbox so I'd be inclined to look elsewhere for the source of the problem.
ecoalex
join:2012-12-02
San Andreas, CA

ecoalex

Gen4 here Linux Mint 16.
I've used Dropbox for many years with various Linux Distros, always fast.