spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ejonestexas
@comcast.net

ejonestexas

Anon

[Speed] Comcast - Blast getting 26MB

I just purchased a new Motorola modem SB6121 so get a faster download speed. Right now im getting 26.28MB download and 11.73 upload. Im paying for blast, should I change to performance since I don't seem to be getting 50MB?

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

pclover

You should confirm the speed for blast in your area. Not all areas have 50 Mbps blast and I'm in one of them.

Don't trust the CS Service Reps as they are wrong as well.

I'd suggest your pm netcool here and ask him about it. He can confirm the speed for your area.

In my area Blast is only 25 Mbps and I believe performance is 15

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN

train_wreck to ejonestexas

to ejonestexas
what kind of router do you have? 11.73 up sounds like 50/10, assuming there isn't some kind of 25/10 plan in some places

pclover
join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA

2 recommendations

pclover

said by train_wreck:

what kind of router do you have? 11.73 up sounds like 50/10, assuming there isn't some kind of 25/10 plan in some places

On that note are you using Wifi?

ejonestexas
@comcast.net

ejonestexas to train_wreck

Anon

to train_wreck
I have a Motorola SB6121 (firmware Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.10-SCM00-NOSH)
Firmware Build Time: Oct 29 2012 18:07:13

My bill says

Xfinity Bundled Services ( I have Cable TV also)
Additional Xfinity Internet Services
Blast! Internet Service
ejonestexas

ejonestexas to pclover

Anon

to pclover
I have a netgear router WNDR3400v3 connected and used for WiFi, the speed on the laptop im testing from is 150MB on 5GHz
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

You need to first confirm Blast is 50Mbps in your area.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx

FureverFurry to ejonestexas

Premium Member

to ejonestexas
My suggestion: have you confirmed that Comcast has your modem provisioned correctly for Blast on the boot file?

ejonestexas
@comcast.net

ejonestexas

Anon

Overnight I now have a different result. I now see IPv4 and IPv6 separated. I'm not sure if I will be able to use IPv6 for anything? Is this normal to see the IPv6 now?

Getting 25.52MB for IPv4 and 56.15MB for IPv6 (with a older ubee modem DOCSIS 3.0 I have 17MB the most)

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 5504.png

aSic
application specific
Premium Member
join:2001-05-17
Wakulla, FL

aSic to ejonestexas

Premium Member

to ejonestexas
Don't be surprised. Supposedly I have 50mb blast as well, but best I've ever gotten was 22Mbps. Multiple calls to CS all have excuses ranging from the weather in another state to my equipment not able to handle all the blazing speed that is being provided. Both are fallacies.

I've given up, and simply settled for what I can get. DirecTV commercials are right: CS at Comcast are idiots. As long as it stays up..

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to ejonestexas

MVM

to ejonestexas
said by ejonestexas :

Overnight I now have a different result. I now see IPv4 and IPv6 separated. I'm not sure if I will be able to use IPv6 for anything? Is this normal to see the IPv6 now?

Getting 25.52MB for IPv4 and 56.15MB for IPv6 (with a older ubee modem DOCSIS 3.0 I have 17MB the most)

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 5504.png

Something is wrong. Send a PM to NetDog. He can look into it.