Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

Gutter end cap identification help

Click for full size
Click for full size
I've got a single-story L-shaped block house here in Florida. I've got gutters all the way around which wrap around all the corners, except for at the back of the house where I've got a screened lanai (with it's own gutter system). There is one exposed endcap on the back left corner and it's missing. On the other back corner there's an endcap but it's butted up against the aluminum frame of the screened lanai, so I can't get to it short of pulling down a 40' piece of gutter.

I've tried every place locally (Lowes/Depot as well as smaller places like Ace Hardware)and cannot find anything that matches it. Since I don't have another one that I could take down to match up, I am kinda stuck. I've poked around online, but have had no luck

Hopefully these pictures will be of help.

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
CT

Nightwing

Premium Member

I could be wrong but it should just be something like this.

»www.homedepot.com/p/Spec ··· c1vZbtmm

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't see that type at HD which was the first place I went (almost a year ago). Everything was smaller and the shape wasn't quite the same. I did measure and it is a 6" gutter - I should have included that in my original post.

I'll give that a shot tomorrow and report how it goes.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

You can check online to see if they have it at your store. I just looked and can't get it locally from HD.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d to John97

Premium Member

to John97
Looks like a 6" left end cap

got em cheap here, a buck, multiple colors. just caulk it on rather than crimp

»www.guttersupply.com/m-a ··· le.gstml

-j

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
said by robbin:

You can check online to see if they have it at your store. I just looked and can't get it locally from HD.

According to the link, my local HD has 32 in stock and they are $2.81 each. If I can get it tomorrow, It's worth spending a couple bucks to have it now.

I already have a tube of gutter sealant, so I should be good to go. Thanks again everyone. Since I bought this place, I've had a waterfall out that end of the gutter that streamed out onto the pavers below.
John97

John97

Premium Member

Picked one up today, and I now the gutter on the back of the house is actually draining through the downspouts. We got a buttload of rain today too, so it was a good test.

The guy working in that section at my local HD said they just started carrying these particular endcaps recently. Apparently, they had people coming in who found them on the website and couldn't understand why they didn't have them in the store.