All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
avolation
join:2012-07-28
Starkville, MS

avolation

Upload speed seems to have been downgraded to 3mbps in MS.

So yeh, steady 3.3mbps everywhere (every server on speedtest), even during primetime when I've had a steady 5mbps here in MS since the upgrade. Is anyone else seeing this?

Also, for the last 7 days my connection has been awful to EVERY server on speedtest.net (below 15mbps down) except for the very closest one.

Would like some others to throw in some number if they could.
jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara

I just did a test at almost 6pm local time, which is getting close to peak hours, and everything looks good.

My download speeds during peak prime time (7pm to 11pm) have been suffering lately though, so I can join in you sharing some frustration.
avolation
join:2012-07-28
Starkville, MS

avolation

hmm, thanks for the reply. This is getting pretty frustrating.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to jcantara

Premium Member

to jcantara
said by jcantara:

I just did a test at almost 6pm local time, which is getting close to peak hours, and everything looks good.

My download speeds during peak prime time (7pm to 11pm) have been suffering lately though, so I can join in you sharing some frustration.

I called in a third time about the download speeds degrading during prime time, I was basically told I was nuts and that a tech had to come out.
jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara

said by ptrowski:

I was basically told I was nuts and that a tech had to come out.

Tell them that's fine, but only if the tech can come after 7pm so that he can see the problem actually happen.

For what it's worth, I see speed drops pretty much every day during prime time. If I queue up a download during this time, the speed will fluctuate wildly, going from my maximum speed all the way down to 10Mbps or lower. Up and down like this the whole time. During the day and late at night, downloads will run at my max speed the whole time, without even a minor dip.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by jcantara:

said by ptrowski:

I was basically told I was nuts and that a tech had to come out.

Tell them that's fine, but only if the tech can come after 7pm so that he can see the problem actually happen.

For what it's worth, I see speed drops pretty much every day during prime time. If I queue up a download during this time, the speed will fluctuate wildly, going from my maximum speed all the way down to 10Mbps or lower. Up and down like this the whole time. During the day and late at night, downloads will run at my max speed the whole time, without even a minor dip.

Exactly. Even though it shows all the classic signs of needing a node split and this happens after every speed upgrade they still think I am an idiot. Amazing.