All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mario500
join:2013-08-29

1 edit

Mario500

[Comcast Equip] HD Digital Transport Adapters Compatible with Vizio TV Sets?

Does Comcast provide (high-definition) Universal Digital Transport Adapters that are compatible with the HDMI ports of Vizio E321VL TV sets? If not, is there a way to make my Universal Digital Transport Adapter (model name DC60Xu) compatible with my Vizio E321VL set's HDMI ports (I can only get audio, a menu, and channel numbers and names through the set's HDMI connection with the adapter).

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

An HD-DTA should work with any TV with HDMI inputs, irregardless of the brand. As far as the TV is concerned, it's just a video input.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Mario500

MVM

to Mario500
There's a thread on the Comcast Support forum about the Pace DC60Xu HD-DTA having issues with some TVs: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· /1844425

Solutions included inserting an HDMI splitter in the line or to switch to the Motorola HD-DTA100u model if available in your area.

Mario500

Mario500

I may try the other model if it's available locally. By the way, I corrected the model name for my Vizio TV set in my first message. I left out the "E" was mistake.
Mario500

1 edit

Mario500

According to a relative of mine who tried to exchange the incompatible adapter for a different one yesterday, the local service center did not have any other models and the person she spoke to told her the incompatible adapter should work with any TV set and that it was probably "hooked up" wrong (I assure you it was connected to the TV set properly just like adapters of the same model connected to two other TV sets in my home).

Is there another good way to get a different adapter?
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Might be easier to update the firmware in your tvs. It can usually be done via a thumb drive. Most times when a STB has issues with certain tvs its a handshake issue that can be fixed via a firmware upgrade to the tv.

ComcastLarry1
Premium Member
join:2013-01-14
Philadelphia, PA

ComcastLarry1 to Mario500

Premium Member

to Mario500
Mario-

Apologize for the late reply. Our team is aware of your issue and currently working on a fix. We may need additional information so could you please post any response in the Comcast Direct area?
hokie21
join:2003-06-14
Lake Zurich, IL

hokie21 to Mario500

to Mario500
I've got the same issue with the Pace DTA and a Samsung smart tv. Samsung and Comcast just say it is a problem with the other guy's equipment. Neither seems motivated to solve the problem.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A

On my Pace HD DTA their is a barley visible line on the right side of my image on my Samsung 6420 TV. I exchanged the box and and new one had the same issue. You can see it both on both the HDMI 2 and the coaxial(for picture in picture) inputs. No such line on the Pace X1 DVR Via XBOX ONE on HDMI 1.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

How is the TV configured. Many have an option to 0% overscan, which may go under names of Just Scan or similar. For broadcast TV, it should be set to 'Normal' or Wide or similar, which allows a little bit of overscan. Leave 0% for DVD, BluRay and similar.

Mario500

Mario500 to ComcastLarry1

to ComcastLarry1
Thank you for the response, ComcastLarry.
Mario500

Mario500

Update: I decided to order a Motorola HD-DTA100u adapter by telephone. It should arrive through standard shipping in a few days (there was no shipping fee).

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

There's a thread on the Comcast Support forum about the Pace DC60Xu HD-DTA having issues with some TVs: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Xf ··· /1844425

Solutions included inserting an HDMI splitter in the line or to switch to the Motorola HD-DTA100u model if available in your area.

How does one determine if the Motorola device is available? I know that in my area we use Thomson and Pace DTA's but I know not of HD DTA brand offerings.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Generally they dont, the csr puts it in the notes. Doesnt mean you will actually get it tho.

Mario500

Mario500

The Motorola HD-DTA100u adapter I ordered was brought to my home by a member of the United Parcel Service (UPS) today. I was able to get both audio and video on my Vizio TV set through the adapter's HDMI output.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to Mario500

to Mario500
My Pace HDDTA received a firmware update yesterday but seems to have corrected any HDMI issues I was experiencing. All I did was power cycle it.