spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno

Not terribly surprising...

...when Cable TV has become such a joke (hot and cold running "reality" shows like Real Housewives, Honey Boo Boo etc... and the History Channel doesn't actually show history documentaries any more), plus the fact that they make you pay for all that crap, including the ESPN channels which I literally NEVER watch but apparently account for a big chunk of my bill.
On top of that, they treat their existing customers like chopped liver--this upcoming free internet speed increase of Comcast's, for instance, is only good if you've got certain Double Play or Triple Play packages already, and while I already have Performance tier internet and Digital Starter TV, I can't get the "Double Play" designation applied to my account without actually paying more than I do now (and the CSR I talked to made it sound like even that was going to be difficult/impossible)! So I'm seriously thinking of cutting the freakin' cord.

Treegravy
Premium Member
join:2011-04-21
Canada

Treegravy

Premium Member

We cut the cord about 5(?) years ago. It was so weird the first couple of weeks because it felt like we were jonesing from the addiction to television, the noisy companion, but soon enough that faded and we've never felt more relaxed. It was the constant drilling of loud show intros and hyper speed elecutory exposition that finally drove the ambition to cancel to the forefront of our consciousness.

It's now odd when we go somewhere and they have the 'box' (there's a word with limited relevancy in regards to television anymore) on with the blaring that they hardly notice while we sit there suppressing a strong urge to rip the remote from them and yell at them to, "TURN IT OFF!"

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502 to Papageno

to Papageno
said by Papageno:

On top of that, they treat their existing customers like chopped liver--this upcoming free internet speed increase of Comcast's, for instance, is only good if you've got certain Double Play or Triple Play packages already

Don't think for a moment Comcast is doubling speeds out of the kindness of its heart. Most people don't know it, but they are behind, in speed tiers, compared to phone companies fiber offerings (DSL Excluded).