spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jack17
join:2008-08-25
Sherbrooke, QC

Jack17

[DSL] Your meter is broken...

I just check my usage and is showing zero for a couple of day !!!

In »myaccount.teksavvy.com/

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37

more information required !!!

you should post in the teksavvy direct forum with your account info so it could be looked at and fixed.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to Jack17

Premium Member

to Jack17
Hi Jack17,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's a bug that we are currently investigating.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
coolspot18
join:2012-10-23

coolspot18

... and the tracking tool is going live in two weeks?

Not sure if this stills the required confidence in users that your tool is accurate?

Momokawa
@teksavvy.com

Momokawa

Anon

Teksavvy: Please restore the easy-to-use (DSL) monitoring tool that you used to offer here: »secure.teksavvy.com/tool ··· ageb.asp

Some of us just want a simple way to check usage, and don't need all these extra beta-buggy bells & whistles.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Jack17

MVM

to Jack17
That page is never coming back, but the web API allowing third party tools to pull usage data is almost ready. Once it is, you'll see CapSavvy and other tools support TekSavvy again.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to Jack17

Premium Member

to Jack17
Click for full size
I swear guys, I didn't download this much

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Jack17

MVM

to Jack17
Hmm, 4.26 billion gigabytes in a 30 day period, that's an average of roughly 13 terabits per second. What have you done, the CBB bill for that from Rogers/Videotron would be something like $260 million per month :P
jnew
join:2011-04-03

jnew

Click for full size
said by Guspaz:

Hmm, 4.26 billion gigabytes in a 30 day period, that's an average of roughly 13 terabits per second. What have you done, the CBB bill for that from Rogers/Videotron would be something like $260 million per month :P

Mine's even worse... over 4 billion GB in one day! What's that, about 430 Terabits/s?

Good thing I'm on Zap The Cap. The overage charge for that On Peak usage would have eaten into my tax refund.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Our R&D and NOC teams are already investigating.

tekSavvyUser
@pppoe.ca

tekSavvyUser

Anon

Hmmm, I don't think this should be so complicated. A simple MySQL table (with a few columns and nothing fancy) can store daily usage for all users end of each day. They query can be simple too, use user's unique ID and pull the data from billing date to next billing date. It need not be from day one of the each calendar month either.

Here it is:
- a table with a few columns that is indexed by user ID
- Table is locked during the write time at the end of each day
- query can be done using user ID as index key and combined with date range

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to jnew

Premium Member

to jnew
My DSL numbers look fine. I also didn't enable Zap the Cap.

Momokawa
@teksavvy.com

Momokawa to Guspaz

Anon

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

the web API allowing third party tools to pull usage data is almost ready. Once it is, you'll see CapSavvy and other tools support TekSavvy again.

That's great for people on PCs! A demographic which I'm not a member of.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Momokawa :

said by Guspaz:

the web API allowing third party tools to pull usage data is almost ready. Once it is, you'll see CapSavvy and other tools support TekSavvy again.

He said other tools, which others can develop (and have in the past) that supported other platforms.
Bugblndr
join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON

Bugblndr to Momokawa

to Momokawa
said by Momokawa :

Once they release a web api I'll probably write myself an android app to track my usage. If you're not part of that demographic either, sorry for your luck.

Momokawa
@teksavvy.com

Momokawa

Anon

said by Bugblndr:

said by Momokawa :

Once they release a web api I'll probably write myself an android app to track my usage. If you're not part of that demographic either, sorry for your luck.

It's true - I'm not.

But this illustrates my point; I should not have to create new accounts, memorize new passwords, endure beta-bugginess, or download to 3rd party applications just to check my usage.

Some of you seem to value this sort of technical morass. More power to you. But TS took away a simple process and made it into complicated one. I don't like that.

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37

said by Momokawa :

But this illustrates my point; I should not have to create new accounts, memorize new passwords, endure beta-bugginess, or download to 3rd party applications just to check my usage.

Some of you seem to value this sort of technical morass. More power to you. But TS took away a simple process and made it into complicated one. I don't like that.

Then don't create a new account. Don't memorize a new password.

Make a phone call. Send an email.
The technical morass is called convenience. It's an option (one very much desired by the majority), not a requirement.
Jack17
join:2008-08-25
Sherbrooke, QC

Jack17

I am back to zero again on DSL still broken....

Khalid
@teksavvy.com

Khalid

Anon

Yep, me too.
buttaknife
join:2007-06-01

buttaknife to Jack17

to Jack17
It's ok, they'll figure it out after usage billing starts

Momokawa
@teksavvy.com

Momokawa to oceros37

Anon

to oceros37
said by oceros37:

Make a phone call. Send an email.
The technical morass is called convenience. It's an option (one very much desired by the majority), not a requirement.

Waiting on hold? Never receiving a response to an email? I've had plenty of both of those experiences already with TS. That does not simplify my experience at all. It adds barriers where there were none before.

I want the restoration of a simple function. That is called 'convenience'. Once the billing starts, I'm sure I'll have lots of company.
nicko687
join:2010-06-11
Kanata, ON

nicko687 to Jack17

to Jack17
A web API is a great idea! But I think you should still have a page on your site which brings up the data in a regular browser.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We do have it in a regular browser.. in the MyAccount portal.

The usage notification system will also make things much more simple.. as thresholds get triggered, it will send notifications out...

The new system is not fully up and running yet, and maintaining the old system and the new system at the same time was not possible.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

API: »[Portal] MYACCOUNT: API KEY MANAGEMENT

moovyguy
join:2004-05-10
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy to Jack17

to Jack17
I show no usage for the 18th to the 22 of march, when I can assure you I have been consuming ....

I know I am over for the month, but with less than two weeks till this monitor is playing a factor in charging customers for overages this is quite concerning ...

I myself will flip on Zap The Cap so this won't affect me, but for the general user that doesn't know about the new meter, or doesn't participate here, won't know what hit them !!

Cheers

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Me too. Zero usage over past few days.
Expand your moderator at work

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to The Flash

Premium Member

to The Flash

Re: [DSL] Your meter is broken...

said by The Flash:

This guy needs to be monitored, he's downloading the entire internet!
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to The Flash

Premium Member

to The Flash
said by The Flash:

Just be thankful for the $50 overage charge maximum.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Me too. Zero usage over past few days.

I just noticed the same issue. All zeros, up and down, on peak and off peak.

March 18th to present.