spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tonymaro
join:1999-12-09
White Sulphur Springs, WV

tonymaro

[Connectivity] Suddenlink support no help - huge packet loss upstream

I've tried to no avail to get Suddenlink's attention about a huge packet loss problem I'm having with their nodes in or around Chicago. I've submitted an email with MTR reports and additional information. Everything is fine for my first 6 hops and then on hop 7:

| 173-219-252-94-link.sta.suddenlink.net - 89 | 9 | 1 | 0 | 34 | 34 | 34 |

That's 89% packet loss. Unfortunately a primary server I need to communicate with is the other side of that somewhere. I've taken to having to connect to my work VPN to get out on another provider network to access that service.

Suddenlink's response so far was to tell me to reboot my router. They also told me to unplug the power from my modem, which will do nothing because their modem has a battery backup in it. Then they say if I still have problems they'll send a tech out to my house. My pleading to speak to some sort of "level 2" tech support didn't even get a response from them.

Any suggestions on how I can escalate this with them? I've been suffering with this for three months now and can't get anywhere with them.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Send a message to SDL L3Tech See Profile He should be able to help. Include your modems mac address, and your current public IP.
Lindsey
join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV

Lindsey to tonymaro

to tonymaro
oh, if you do contact them..make sure you called where the problem was..as they wont do it..also point out where problem is since they wont do that eather

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to tonymaro

to tonymaro
said by tonymaro:

| 173-219-252-94-link.sta.suddenlink.net - 89 | 9 | 1 | 0 | 34 | 34 | 34 |

That's 89% packet loss.

Hello tonymaro. I received your message and have sent you a private message with more information.

In regards to that specific hop, many routers limit the number of low priority packets such as pings and traces destined for itself. However, the full trace you provided showed 0 packet-loss to the destination server which indicates that the hop in the middle showing high packet-loss is not affecting packets through it, only to it.

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|www.humanoidapps.com - 0 | 37 | 37 | 75 | 80 | 87 | 80 |