spc
Search similar:

uniqs
da_guy2
join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

[TekTalk] TekTalk: No incoming audio on received calls

Until recently everything been fine but for the past week or so we've been loosing incoming audio call on calls we receive. Outgoing calls are 100%, but incoming calls are intermittent. ~50% ok, ~50% no incoming audio, and outgoing audio always works. I'm using a Linksys PAP2-NA.

Any ideas of what it might be or where I should be looking?

Thanks

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

What is the ATA plugged into? A router? Possible to bypass it for testing?
da_guy2
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

Yes it is, but I'm using DSL so I can't really bypass it.

RizzleQ
Premium Member
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

Sure you can... what modem are you using? You can have the ATA do the PPPoE login if the modem is in bridge. We're looking to eliminate the NAT the ATA has to go through on the router.
da_guy2
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

Really? Where do you put the PPPoE login info in the PAP2-NA? I can't see it anywhere.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver

PAP2 does not have a built in router.

RizzleQ
Premium Member
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

Ah, well then, that explains it. Not sure where to take it from there other than forwarding port 5060 in your router and disable the firewall to try and let all traffic reach the ATA unfiltered if that's the problem.

QCTLG
join:2008-01-20

QCTLG to da_guy2

to da_guy2
said by da_guy2:

Until recently everything been fine but for the past week or so we've been loosing incoming audio call on calls we receive. Outgoing calls are 100%, but incoming calls are intermittent. ~50% ok, ~50% no incoming audio, and outgoing audio always works. I'm using a Linksys PAP2-NA.

Any ideas of what it might be or where I should be looking?

Thanks

I've been having the same problem.
I've tried everything so far.
I've now connected my ata directly into the router and have oped the following ports:
5060-5080
16384-16482

Then I rebooted my router...this is today and so far so good.

It amazes me that it's been fine for 2 months then all of a sudden...this!

Good luck!
bdk7014
join:2011-05-28
Nepean, ON

bdk7014

I have a d-link router and had the problem of no audio on received calls.
In the router firewall settings I unchecked SIP and that fixed it for me.

SIP
Allows devices and applications using VoIP (Voice over IP) to communicate across NAT. Some VoIP applications and devices have the ability to discover NAT devices and work around them. This Application Level Gateway (ALG) may interfere with the operation of such devices. If you are having trouble making VoIP calls, try turning this ALG off.
da_guy2
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

Hmm well I tried port forwarding and no luck.

Also, I'm running DD-WRT, and they don't have an option for SIP in their firewall.

Any other suggestions?

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

1 edit

Montreal DSL to da_guy2

to da_guy2
We also have issues with TekTalk for the last 7-10 days...

Customers calling in, we can see the calls in the TekTalk portal but customers get just dead air

It was working without any issues for a loooooong time.

The setting is: modem-router-PBX (but I am 99.99% sure it is not this).

Any news on fixing it?

Thanks

Edit: posted in Direct as well.
da_guy2
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

Ya I'm now wondering if this might be on teksavvy's end too. Yesterday we had someone call and try to leave us a message several times, and they kept getting a message response saying "Sorry I didn't hear anything please try again" when trying to leave a message. I think I'll post in the direct forms too.

QCTLG
join:2008-01-20

QCTLG to da_guy2

to da_guy2
Well I tried eberything too
Forwatded all the ports and it still acting up.

It was working fine...not impressed with this Tektalk so far!
We need this fixed Teksavvy
malquin
join:2005-05-13
Montreal, QC

malquin to da_guy2

to da_guy2
Hi.

Same problem here in Montreal on cable.

3 callers in the last 24h could hear me but I could not hear them.

Powered off/on the Linksys 2102 ATA; did not fix the problem.

Next, will try to determine if it's all incoming call or just some.
DSMdude
join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON

DSMdude

My service has been good for around 10 months - then since the maintenance, has been sporadically acting up. Dropped calls, can't place calls that sort of thing. I rebooted the Ata and was fine today so I'll cross my fingers it stays that way

mickey
@teksavvy.com

mickey to malquin

Anon

to malquin
Same problem here. Except it is 1 out of 3 calls that work.
It was working fine for months. I know that videotron has a packet loss issue and it could lead to this; however, it has been 12 days and still no satisfaction from either side. Is it time to switch back to dry loop dsl ?
mickey.
Drecca
join:2012-11-21

Drecca to da_guy2

to da_guy2
same here as well. 1 out of 2-3 calls gets no incoming audio. Plugged in via router and modem, same thing. Getting really frustrating.
AringSTA
join:2014-03-06

AringSTA to da_guy2

to da_guy2
Seems to be a general problem with tektalk. I have the same issue since 2 weeks. Was fine before. I thought it was my router setup so I placed the Grandstream ATA straight to the DSL modem in bridge mode. Issue is still there. In my case, it is about 1 call out of 4 where I will not hear incoming audio. Outgoing audio is always fine. This is not a NAT issue as my ATA got the PPPoE login and receives the public IP address.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

1 edit

MFido to da_guy2

to da_guy2
Edit: seems to be all fixed now
Drecca
join:2012-11-21

Drecca to da_guy2

to da_guy2
hey TSI, anything new on this? phone service isn't exactly unimportant. When I have to use my cellphone to make calls, I start questioning the need for your voip service.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

If you still have issues (after turning off teh ATA for 1 min), open a tkt in Direct. My issue was solved in 48h

TSI TNC
TSI TNC
Premium Member
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

TSI TNC to Drecca

Premium Member

to Drecca
Hello,

We have made some changes on our side that should resolve the issue. If you are still experiencing problems please post in the direct forum.

Thanks.

TSI-Chad

MaxThunder
@teksavvy.com

MaxThunder

Anon

I had this "no incoming audio" for a few weeks too. I don't use my home phone a lot so I didn't bother. However, it happened again 5 minutes ago... I saw there was planned maintenance tonight, if the no audio on incoming calls happens again I'll post on the direct forum...

Fredtek
join:2009-09-05

Fredtek to da_guy2

to da_guy2
funny as I had the exact same problem as the OP did with VOIP.ms last week. I was on the toronto server and changed for montreal server and did not get any new loosing incoming audio since then. Might not be related, I don't know.
irinikolova
join:2014-03-30

irinikolova to Montreal DSL

to Montreal DSL
We have had issues in the last 7-10 days. Teksavvy ended up telling me today that with the combo modem/router (Motorola 5680) they cannot help us. Really disappointed.
AringSTA
join:2014-03-06

AringSTA to da_guy2

to da_guy2
Don't know if it is a coincidence but I no longer have problems since the last maintenance. Finger crossed.