dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
modem_reset
join:2010-05-27

modem_reset to cosmokramer

to cosmokramer

Re: Everyone in Maine still on 4 downsteam channels?

...experience...
many many years in the cable field.

To the person saying it's not over saturated...In the city the node is run for a small physical area (les then 1 square mile), but ~300 or so homes passed. In the sticks (maine), same deal applies, but the node is run over the distance (some are 10+ square miles) to 300 homes or so passed...same rules apply.

to the person saying it's not right. you can do a bunch of work, or just call and request a tech, bottom line nothing you can do over the phone... there is nothing you can fix (Unless you have a signal meter, correct crimping tools, and know how to properly strip the dielectric from the cable)...

when the tech comes out explain in detail what is happening factually, not editorialize..any excuse that you say will be amplified (i think it's over sold...will be in his/her mind they can't fix it so why put the effort in). 99% of the issues I dealt with in my time was caused by physical issues in a sub's home...the 1% were over sold areas...

do you notice it's worse at night? yes? I bet you it's more related to metals contracting at different temperatures causing a missed connection inbetween you and twc....(fun term is suck out)...
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

said by modem_reset:

when the tech comes out explain in detail what is happening factually, not editorialize..any excuse that you say will be amplified (i think it's over sold...will be in his/her mind they can't fix it so why put the effort in). 99% of the issues I dealt with in my time was caused by physical issues in a sub's home...the 1% were over sold areas...

do you notice it's worse at night? yes? I bet you it's more related to metals contracting at different temperatures causing a missed connection inbetween you and twc....(fun term is suck out)...

Yeah, every few years a tech needs to fix something with my wiring. The problem is that they will try to avoid sending a truck out, and then the tech will try to avoid changing anything. To be fair, they probably get a lot of dumb calls, but it's not going to be a very easy process to get a real problem fixed
modem_reset
join:2010-05-27

modem_reset

Call, be stern, I need a tech to my home. The issue is intermittent.