DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: Java 8 release is scheduled for March 18, 2014

It doesn't even work on there own Test site with all browsers Win 7 x64.

Version verification page: »java.com/en/download/ins ··· lled.jsp

TH

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

1 edit

chachazz

Premium Member

said by Triple Helix:

It doesn't even work on there own Test site with all browsers Win 7 x64.TH

Why would it work on their java.com site?
Java 8 isn't offered there...yet. It hasn't yet been offered on consumer level.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Triple Helix

Premium Member

to Triple Helix
Does this work?
»java.com/en/download/ins ··· tect=jre

The page you link to doesn't work to verify any of version Java. It's supposed to find old versions for removal but I never get a security prompt on any browser to continue the download. I do get the prompt on the link I gave.
Mele20

Mele20 to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
said by chachazz:

said by Triple Helix:

It worked with Java 8 to verify but not with the link Triple Helix See Profile gave. It worked with the link I just posted. I just couldn't get Java speed tests to work with Java 8 except for the nac.net test here.

Triple Helix
DNA
Premium Member
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON

Triple Helix to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
said by chachazz:

said by Triple Helix:

Why don't you answer my question I sent you via PM?

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
That link does the same thing for me as the other one. Says I'm up to date (which is correct based on chachazz See Profile input). The link that Triple posted is where it directs you when you click "Do I Have Java" on www.java.com so they have the removal process in the wrong spot it seems?

GILXA1226
MVM
join:2000-12-29
Dayton, OH

GILXA1226 to Mele20

MVM

to Mele20
Click for full size
The java version tests are working just fine for me on Java8
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

So, you can successfully do Web100 NDT speed tests and Visualware's MySpeed tests with the new version of Java?

As for checking Java version, what browser (and version) are you using so I don't ever get it? (One thing I cannot stand at all is some idiot developer who doesn't understand what a corner is and, since Microsoft did not understand in Windows 7, it's why I stayed with Windows 8 as it has proper corners. I won't use a browser eitherwhere the developer confuses curves with corners). The check for Java version page is probably working on your specific browser and browser version. I have Fx24.4 ESR, IE 10 on Windows 8.0 Pro, and Opera 12.16.

GILXA1226
MVM
join:2000-12-29
Dayton, OH

GILXA1226

MVM

said by Mele20:

So, you can successfully do Web100 NDT speed tests and Visualware's MySpeed tests with the new version of Java?

As for checking Java version, what browser (and version) are you using so I don't ever get it? (One thing I cannot stand at all is some idiot developer who doesn't understand what a corner is and, since Microsoft did not understand in Windows 7, it's why I stayed with Windows 8 as it has proper corners. I won't use a browser eitherwhere the developer confuses curves with corners). The check for Java version page is probably working on your specific browser and browser version. I have Fx24.4 ESR, IE 10 on Windows 8.0 Pro, and Opera 12.16.

Browser is Firefox 31.0a1 - Nightly. Post links to those two speed tests and I will try them on the nightly and the latest release of Firefox and a few other browsers as well and report back.