spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Twizted
@nflibrary.ca

Twizted

Anon

[Cable] Cogeco Technician cut me off?

So here is my story, a year ago I was with Cogeco. I then switched to Start. For about 6 months I didnt have any internet server after that as we thought we might be moving. Long story short, I am not moving and we signed up for Tek Savvy. I purchased a Brand New DCM 476 with the 2.5 firmware.

Contacted Tek Savvy, got my account signed up, gave them Serial Number and MAC for my Modem, and was told a Cogeco Tech will come install my service Friday March 21st.

Okay, but I know my cable works as I currently have Cogeco TV service, and I used to have Cogeco Internet and then Start Communication.

So I just plugged in my modem anyways. A day later my internet starts to work, YAY! I dont have to wait until Friday!

This morning I see a note on my door saying that the Cogeco Tech was there and had to disable my internet as my modem was giving "feedback" to their system.

I contact Tek Savvy asking what this is about, and they say there isnt anything they can do until the install date and a Cogeco Tech does the install.

I contact Cogeco, they are confused with my account and say they are not sure why the Tech cut off my service, but again I'd have to wait until Friday March 21st.

My concern is, the modem is brand new, could it really be giving feedback into the system? Or did it look suspicious because of it being hooked up before the install date?

Thank you very much for your time.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Hi there,

Their systems can detect modem MAC that are not yes "allowed" on their system... I've been there before a long time ago.

Unfortunately, this is not something we can control. The service should start working on Friday as originally planned.

Thanks,

Andre

Twizted
@nflibrary.ca

Twizted

Anon

Thank you for the reply!

I am glad to hear someone else has been there before!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Yeah... Its no fun especially knowing you could be online right now but technically its their right to do so
Expand your moderator at work