how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

humanfilth

join:2013-02-14
cyber gutter
reply to zod5000

Re: The need for wifi passwords strikes home!

said by zod5000:

What I was wonder more is why this customer is using a cell technology based internet plan? Wouldn't she be better of on a cable/dsl plan? Larger caps and smaller overage?

Advertising. It is something that has screwed over so many many people. "Look how fast it is, just like DSL or cable!!!*" *Please ignore that tiny cap that is nothing like DSL or Cable.

On that, we would have to assume she is in a DSL or Cable internet area in Chilliwack and a Cellular hub was not her only choice.
--
When peasants own the government, there is freedom. When the government owns the peasants, there is tyranny
Knowledge and curiosity are not crimes and those who are curious should not be treated like criminals.. »www.eff.org/https-everywhere

jumpingryan

join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON
said by humanfilth:

What I was wonder more is why this customer is using a cell technology based internet plan? Wouldn't she be better of on a cable/dsl plan? Larger caps and smaller overage?

That is probally all that is available to her. I am in the same boat. DSL and cable is not everywhere.

Bell has actually steadfastly refused to expand to my neighbours and I. We are about 1.5 KM away from DSL.

Bell got/is getting government money.... says that wireless is the cheapest to get internet to people charge $6.66 a gigabyte, then charges 235% more per gigabyte beyond 15 gigs at $15 a gigabyte. The issue is, Bell cell towers, and Bell DSL is the same company. What incentive do they have to expand?