All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to etaadmin

to etaadmin

Re: [Internet] TWC Road Runner in the Rio Grande Valley to receive IPv6 by April

said by etaadmin:

It is already there, my Mom lives in McAllen and she already have IPV6 enabled since February. I bough her a new asus router and it is pulling a /64 network.

BTW she has the 50/5 plan with a DOCSIS3.0 modem

would love to know when the SBG6580 modems are going to get IPv6? I guess it won't be until a major firmware upgrade is pushed to the SBG6580 modems leased by TWC.
mdpeterman
join:2010-10-10
Pflugerville, TX

mdpeterman

I would like to know the same. I have an SBG6580 from TWC and have IPv6 in my area but no IPv6 addresses yet through that modem. I may just buy a SB6141 if it isn't updated soon.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to motorola870

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

would love to know when the SBG6580 modems are going to get IPv6? I guess it won't be until a major firmware upgrade is pushed to the SBG6580 modems leased by TWC.

There is no NAT in IPV6 so I guess it will be easy to upgrade the modem/router. I don't know but if Comcast merge with TWC we might see new DOCISIS3.1 hardware, Comcast is very bullish on new technologies... who knows.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by etaadmin:

said by motorola870:

There is no NAT in IPV6 so I guess it will be easy to upgrade the modem/router. I don't know but if Comcast merge with TWC we might see new DOCISIS3.1 hardware, Comcast is very bullish on new technologies... who knows.

hmm not everything lol! they seem to have fallen behind in adding HD channels no Comcast system has more than 140 HD channels and it actually under 140 HD channels on their best lineup.