Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

g121
MrGee

join:2004-05-28
Toronto
reply to sbrook

Re: The need for wifi passwords strikes home!

be it one's internet account or one's cell account .. you should be able to set a "warning $ level". when your monthly costs encroaches on your "warning $ level", you get a notification so you can take appropriate action even if it's simply to call the vendor to figure out what the blink is going on. it's obscene that vendors are allowed to "spring" these outrageous bills on folks without any advance warning.

this should be mandatory for all ISP\Cell providers ..

cheers from Toronto ..

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
It is mandatory for cell providers isn't it? It was part of the new CRTC regulations? If this type of internet (data) is provided over cellular technology shouldn't the rules apply?

I use Virgin Mobile and I get a text when I get close to my cap. They were doing that long before the CRTC rules.

If this customer isn't using the cell service for a phone how would they notify her? Most likely by email? Was she checking her rogers provided email account (or setting it up to forward to whatever email account she actually uses?)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to g121
it is on Cell users, WHEN ROAMING, not when you are in-country,
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius

akoostik

join:2013-11-07
Wireless Code covers domestic roaming and wireless data - depends on when the contract was signed as well.