Search similar:

uniqs
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

1 recommendation

54761437 (banned)

None of it makes any difference

Until ISPs are compelled (forced) to prove that they're NOT intentionally letting their peering points become oversaturated, speculation that Level3 is the bad guy here and Comcast is the good guy is stupid. Give me proof, show me some numbers to back up these ridiculous claims. When people on this site go to bat for Comcast with NO SOLID EVIDENCE of anything they've done (back room deals and vague PR statements about how "robust" their network is don't count), it makes me wonder how many Comcast employees and shareholders we really have here.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9

Premium Member

said by 54761437:

Until ISPs are compelled (forced) to prove that they're NOT intentionally letting their peering points become oversaturated, speculation that Level3 is the bad guy here and Comcast is the good guy is stupid.

Given that Netflix is on record that it doesn't believe Comcast allowed the interconnections to become saturate, I'm not sure what other conclusion can be drawn than the issue was with the ISPs/CDNs between Netflix and Comcast.

Where's your proof that Comcast is in the wrong on this issue? Netflix willingly arranged an interconnection directly with Comcast and, wait for it, the service quality improved. Seems very telling IMO. And no, I do not have any position directly in Comcast.
chaunbot
join:2004-11-25
Ventura, CA

chaunbot

clearly they are playing the " oh yeah were best buddies now" part. If you sign a deal with someone your not going to go bad mouth them, especially if there were parts of the contract that forbid it.

I'm sure comcrap bent netflix over. Last thing they're going to do is tell the public about it.
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned) to openbox9

to openbox9
What you see isn't necessarily what is brokered in these interconnection deals. Everything has to have a shiny PR spin to keep shareholders and the tech media placated. But, let's take Netflix out of the equation for a minute and examine peering points, only. I don't have proof that they're willingly sabotaging their own networks in order to be paid by content producers, or that they're letting third party video services degrade to drive customers to their *own* VOD services. Why? Those numbers aren't available to me, or you, or anyone in the public. Based on what's happened to the quality of streaming video in general across several ISPs of late is quite telling, though.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by 54761437:

Based on what's happened to the quality of streaming video in general across several ISPs of late is quite telling, though.

Yes it is and the content producers/distributors are realizing that and taking action to fix the problems.

Frustrated
@mycingular.net

Frustrated to 54761437

Anon

to 54761437
NTT has been having continual peering issues with different networks since Oct 2013. Coincidentally, the issues are almost entirely with traffic headed for Charter, Comcast & Verizon. HE has been more reliable & significantly less costly. Go figure.