share rss forum feed

Elyria

join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH

She's a Freakin' Hottie

A1cntrler

join:2013-12-09
Moorpark, CA

Agreed. I like that paint scheme. I think it will be on the car for 5 races this year, and this weekend in Cali is the first. Texas, Indy, Charlotte (All Star race) and New Hampshire are the other tracks. All pretty great events.

Elyria

Elyria, OH

said by A1cntrler:

Agreed. I like that paint scheme.

It's sitting just under a 100 miles from you. You outta head out....

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1

NASCAR is going down the tubes fast. Witness the massive amount of empty seats at Bristol. The racing at California stinks also. Can anyone say boring ? I have been following this sport forever. They are hitting new lows with each new foolish rule (stupid chase and championship rules !) they issue and they are blinded by the $$$$$$$ that the networks offer.

But hey now, that is a neat paint job.

Elyria

Elyria, OH

1 recommendation

said by Racerbob:

NASCAR is going down the tubes fast. Witness the massive amount of empty seats at Bristol.

Was strange seeing that "maybe" 1/5th full Bristol. Just a decade ago,
available seats were nonexistent, and you basically had to wait for someone to die before you'd have a chance to get in.

The France's need to get their behinds out of NASCAR. Enough of these silly ass'd yearly changes. Allow the drivers to get back to "good ole boy" racing.

Racerbob
Premium
Webster, NY

Agreed. And a points system that does not have the chase in it complicating things. Hand out extra points for winning a race. Give them all something to shoot at. This year's new system is not only confusing, but it is just plain dumb also.

n1zuk
making really tiny tech things
Premium
join:2001-10-24
Malta
kudos:2
reply to Elyria

Race at Bristol is too early in the year. Need to move it back to its original weekend, or a week or two later.

Auto Club Speedway never has been a draw for NASCAR. Most left coasters don't have the NASCAR fever you find in the southeast, and too other things to do in CA. Basketball, baseball, and college football dominate in the greater LA area. Even the NFL has issues being profitable there.
--
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Racerbob
Premium
Webster, NY

NASCAR fever is no more. Even in the middle of the hot summer the tracks are no longer drawing the fans that they once did. The Dover June race is another example. We used to go there all the time and witnessed the addition of thousands of seats that now are empty and covered with huge advertising banners. NASCAR has itself to blame. They have ruined this once great sport. They cannot leave what was well enough alone. The glory days were in the 80's. Sadly, there are many things that we liked about the sport that are gone forever I am afraid.

I thank the mods here for allowing this little diversion away from the usual topics.

A1cntrler

join:2013-12-09
Moorpark, CA
reply to Elyria

said by Elyria:

It's sitting just under a 100 miles from you. You outta head out....

I know. I've never been to Auto Club Speedway. I've only lived in CA for 4 years, moved from VA. My wife and I are former season ticket holders for Richmond. Had the same seats for many years, and loved the racing there. Have also been to Atlanta, Pocono and Martinsville a few times. Did the driving experience @ Daytona and it was awesome. I just don't get excited by Auto Club. I'll likley make it to Sonoma before Auto Club.