Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yahtzee
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA

Need help with Outlook for Mac syncing/backup

So I use Time Machine for my backups. I switched to a new rMBP last week and I moved over the /Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/ folder to the new laptop....Since then, I have realized that I lost all email that was stored under "On My Computer" within Outlook for Mac. On top of that, my email is continuously syncing and updating things...on a couple of folders I went in and emptied cache and it deleted all emails in that folder (these are folders under my inbox on the Exchange server). What gives here? How do I get my mail back?
--
If ever offered a breath mint - take it.

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA
said by yahtzee:

So I use Time Machine for my backups. I switched to a new rMBP last week and I moved over the /Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/ folder to the new laptop....Since then, I have realized that I lost all email that was stored under "On My Computer" within Outlook for Mac. On top of that, my email is continuously syncing and updating things...on a couple of folders I went in and emptied cache and it deleted all emails in that folder (these are folders under my inbox on the Exchange server). What gives here? How do I get my mail back?

Not sure on the mac, but on windows the email data, address book, etc., is stored

username/appdata/local/microsoft/outlook

I would look for the equivalent to that on the mac

maybe do a search for the outlook.pst file (or whatever its called on the mac)

--
GuruGuy

yahtzee
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA
um....ok. Thanks.
Expand your moderator at work