AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

AppleGuy to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr

Re: Rogers gives people phony prices on their website. Then charges them more.

said by yyzlhr:

said by PayMore :

If someone get's screwed on their monthly bill, I wonder what the CCTS will honour in a multi-year contract should someone complain.

1. Price is wrong and the customers is actually charged more
2. It breaks the wireless code clarity rule.

Guess if someone buys this in a multi-year contract, the lowest price must be honoured. At least, that's what I think.

All online and telephone orders at Rogers are fulfilled by humans. They verify everything to make sure the customers are selecting valid price plans and that they're not committing fraud. In this case, the website allowed the customer to select a plan that doesn't exist. If the website allowed the customer to successfully "checkout", the order would've eventually gotten rejected at the validation stage anyways.

Okay, verified by humans that are idiots.

I had a call from a third party company working for Rogers. (since I had reduced my services)

Anyway, she calls offering a-la-carte products. I said the only one I was interested in was CNN. She said I have CNN. I said, no, I don't. She said, 'yes, you do'. I told her to re-read things. She re-read, and agreed that I did not have CNN (channel 33). She then offers me CNN for $2.50/month. I agree. She comes back, says that CNN can't be offered by itself, and offers with other channels for $6/month. I agree.

This now gets fired off to verifier. He is Rogers staff. He repeats everything she said, that I will be getting CNN plus other channels. Told me to wait 24 hours. Never came. Called in, Rogers told me to wait until next billing cycle and channel will appear. It never did.

Called Rogers again, and finally escalation staff said that CNN is not part of their a-la-carte program.

So even with staffers, Rogers useless because they haven't a clue to what their doing and none of them have any knowledge about their products.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

In this case, the staffers wouldn't have to know anything. The price plan just wouldn't exist in the system for them to fulfill the order, leading to a rejection.

Real Words
@videotron.ca

Real Words

Anon

said by yyzlhr:

In this case, the staffers wouldn't have to know anything. The price plan just wouldn't exist in the system for them to fulfill the order, leading to a rejection.

Translation:
We bait people.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Real Words :

....We bait people.

Bell is no better, and possibly worse.

Of course they have had more years to hone their 'craft', such as that is.