spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cat666

join:2013-04-26

Worst Rep Grind

I'm 800 rep off finally being exalted with the Emperor and it got me thinking what the worst rep grind in the game is?

The Emperor is up there, but I can't help but think that once you overgear the mobs it'll be much easier as some mobs give whopping amounts of XP. For me it would be Og'rila, those dirty ogres in Blades Edge. Not only can you only get a limited number of XP a day, but the quests are awful and they are miles from anywhere. My second choice would be the PVP factions. For someone who doesn't do a lot of PVP it seems to take an age to get anything. Even if I was a PVP'r the rep for time investment is shocking.

The Steamwheedle Cartel / Bloodsail / Ravenholt are just a pointless grind but those never both me too much as you can do them without too much attention.

Vic

@miamidade.gov

Hydraxian Waterlords. Getting to honored is easy. Getting to revered pretty much requires doing a little bit of Molten Core, so it is a bit harder. After revered, only the Molten Core bosses give rep, and not that much rep at that. And finally, if you want to do that last little chunk to max out Exalted, only Golemagg and Ragnaros give rep (and only 150, 200 respectively). With the raid lockout, it takes a LONG time to get this done, and it becomes quite tedious. I hit exalted on only one of my toons, and in that time, I got Thunderfury, Sulfuras, and sold about a dozen stacks of Blood of the Mountain. I wish they would have had the pets and transmog back when I did this, I could have made a killing!

cat666

said by Vic :

Hydraxian Waterlords. Getting to honored is easy. Getting to revered pretty much requires doing a little bit of Molten Core, so it is a bit harder. After revered, only the Molten Core bosses give rep, and not that much rep at that. And finally, if you want to do that last little chunk to max out Exalted, only Golemagg and Ragnaros give rep (and only 150, 200 respectively). With the raid lockout, it takes a LONG time to get this done, and it becomes quite tedious. I hit exalted on only one of my toons, and in that time, I got Thunderfury, Sulfuras, and sold about a dozen stacks of Blood of the Mountain. I wish they would have had the pets and transmog back when I did this, I could have made a killing!

It didn't bother me as it was a once a week thing and easy to get to with the brewfest teleporter. Plus like you said the cash injection was nice.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to cat666

Nat Pegal bay a mile

you can only do 3 quests for him per day, and they require endless fishing.
there are 3 special fish in pandaria, one is sea water, one in inland water, and one in sha touched water.

each of these 3 are unique (IE you can not farm more than one of each at a time) the fish start a quest, its a simple hand in to Nat, and after you turn in a fish you could go and farm that same fish for the next day as they're daily quests you can't turn in more than one of each of the 3 per day, you can catch 2 of each per day, just can't have more than 1 of each in your inventory at a time.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

said by DarkLogix:

Nat Pegal bay a mile

+1

Don't forget that each fish comes from a different type of pool, Spine Fish Alphas are the worst. I only catch one Spine Fish Alpha for the achievement. The other two can be caught in Nat's area and while I'm farming other mats.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Kilroy:

Don't forget that each fish comes from a different type of pool

I mentioned that, not pool diff type of water.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

said by DarkLogix:

I mentioned that, not pool diff type of water.

Sorry, only functioning on one cup of coffee today.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

Taino

join:2010-10-15
reply to cat666

Furlbog rep is pretty bad as well. In vanilla I only would get to the rep where they leave you the hell alone.

Pala

join:2013-06-24
Marion, IL

said by Taino:

Furlbog rep is pretty bad as well. In vanilla I only would get to the rep where they leave you the hell alone.

This for sure. I don't know if its changed or not but they used to give the lowest rep per kill ratio in the game. Exhaulted with these guys was by far the longest grind I ever had in WoW

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

They did change it a bit, don't recall how much. The Felwood furbolg also drop items for rep turn-ins. They also no longer attack you at the lower rep levels so you don't have to be "stuck" in Felwood grinding in order to get to Winterspring.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Pala

join:2013-06-24
Marion, IL

Yeah I knew they would eventually change it. I ground all that out in vanilla....man that was a long one.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to cat666

I think the worst rep I ever managed to do back when I was playing was Ratchet.

Oh my god it was terrible. Killing pirates for what seemed like weeks.

cat666

said by Ghastlyone:

I think the worst rep I ever managed to do back when I was playing was Ratchet.

Oh my god it was terrible. Killing pirates for what seemed like weeks.

Yeah I'm on those now. To be honest they are easy these days as there is a cove full of pirates in Tanaris since the Cataclysm. I can kill them all with a one shot Fel Flame, making it uber quick and easy to clear house.

They give various reps for differing factions of the cartel. I've made exalted with one, but still have the other 3 to finish, mid way to exalted with them all though, and it's just time I need to find to do it.

royhandy

join:2012-11-05
USA
reply to cat666

Oh. Do you remember the Wildhammer faction in Vanilla? The one that was rumored to give a 10% discount on flying mounts at exalted? The one that I ground constantly for months before BC arrived? Tribal troll necklaces. I think one earned 5 rep for every 10 turned in. I'm not sure about that, though.

Yeah. Blizzard removed that faction not long after I earned Exalted with them. Worst. Grind. Ever.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

So did it give a discount?

royhandy

join:2012-11-05
USA

No. The faction was removed before BC went live.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
reply to cat666

Wasn't winterspring riders (or whatever it was called) pretty bad also? Exalted for 1 mount?

cat666

said by Energystream:

Wasn't winterspring riders (or whatever it was called) pretty bad also? Exalted for 1 mount?

At least you got a mount, some reps offer no rewards whatsoever. Thorium Brotherhood was a grind and half and as soon as BC dropped it's rewards were rendered useless. It's been made a lot easier now thank god, but still offers very little decent rewards unless you make for transmog.

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY

How did it compare in terms of grind though?

Someone mentioned Hydraxian Waterlords, but if you raided in Vanilla it wasn't aweful.

cat666

said by Energystream:

How did it compare in terms of grind though?

Someone mentioned Hydraxian Waterlords, but if you raided in Vanilla it wasn't aweful.

I didn't start playing until WotLK, and didn't get round to Thorium Brotherhood or Hydraxian Waterlords until Cataclysm. By then Thorium Brotherhood had had the nerf and you got the quest hand in items via Molton Core too. The furbolds in the tunnel also got nerfed around the same time, I did 50% at slow pace and the other 50% with the nerf.

I can imagine Hydraxian Waterlords was a bad grind, even at level. The trash only give XP to a certain point and then it's a chore. Even with full clears each week it took me an age, and I can't see many guilds managing to clear the place week in week out with any great consistancy at level. Moving through the core was also a bind, long walk to first 2 bosses then a long walk to the next ones. It got better then, but the last few again involved some dodgy walking, before having to walk all the way back to Ragnaros. To compound my hatred for this grind Blizz then decide to adds pets to the bosses AFTER I hit exalted.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

Silverwing sentinals. Only getting rep for flag caps added in to the fact that the Alliance is HORRIBLE at BGs that aren't Alterac Valley.

Now that I play a Horde toon I do BGs more often because people don't really fight in the middle or an the roads nearly as much, will defend bases and move behind to cap a base when the Alliance sends 10 people to fight endlessly against a Warrior and Paladin with a pocket healer........

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

said by qualitybobby:

added in to the fact that the Alliance is HORRIBLE at BGs that aren't Alterac Valley.

I was in AB prior to coming to work today with my new lock and Ally in BGs want to make me pull my hair out. I thinking seriously about going Horde on my lock beause of this but Stormrage is so Ally heavy I would probably have to move servers for a better Horde economy.

cat666

reply to cat666

My experience in the EU is that Horde suck at BG's and it's the Alliance who are the dominant faction. The Horde run around like headless chickens whislt the Alliance work as a team.

All 3 PVP factions need a serious shakeup in rep gains.

Energystream
Premium
Ridgewood, NY
reply to cat666

At level wasn't bad, it has been a long time, but there used to be mobs outside molten core that you had to grind anyway to get the water (every week) to put out the fires to open up the last bosses.

They did away with it at some point.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

You just had to work on the quest chain to get the unique one-use waters. However, you'd have to go back out to that silly island every week - along with enough other people from your raid - to have enough waters to open up Domo. At revered, you could get a version that had unlimited uses, but had a one-hour cooldown - so you'd still need multiple people with quintessence of one sort or another, although that depended on how fast your raid moved through the instance.

Oh, and don't forget the glorious 15, 30, and 45 minute trash respawn timers.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Loot the hounds!

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY
reply to cat666

After years of not finishing..... I am finally going back to finish my Insane title. I finished grinding Syndicate mobs last night through honored, now on to my million or so heavy junkboxes. Just need to finish Ravenholdt and finish out the Darkmoon Faire (where I am already almost revered).

DMF sould only take me 2 faires I think doing all the daily and weeklys. So I'll be grinding junkboxes and storing them on a bank toon until DMF week. Then I'll ride the merry go round for the rep bonus and turn them in there. That should have me a hundred or so turn ins. So unless I get insanely tired of it, I hopefully will have it by July.

Vic

@miamidade.gov

I don't know what your economic situation is in the game, but a buddy of mine contracted out the junkboxes. He spammed trade for a couple of days and posted on the community board that he'd buy any and all junkboxes for like 20 gold or something along those lines, and a few folks actually responded. He got a few hundred boxes that way C.O.D. That allowed him to focus more on the other stuff. If I remember correctly, he also leveled up a few toons on his second account by grouping with them and having them sit there in the corner while he blew up the booty bay guys for hours. He was big on time management.

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY

I've got the goblin rep and the Bloodsail Buccaneers rep all set (I am a Bloodsail Admiral). THe nice thing being a rogue as my main is I can mindlessly farm and it I bump into stuff accidentally not paying attention it's no big deal.

Shattered Hand is a small server that hasn't merged yet. Hell, I couldn't even find a Dancing Steel on the AH the other night. I spammed trade for 20 minutes last night to try to get 4 signatures to make a guild for my bank toon with no responses.
SO for now I will just store them in my bank toons regular bank until I can get a guild bank.

BTW, there were 3 Frostweave bags on the AH (at 300g each), and about 6 Embersilk bags there for 800g each. I need to start farming cloth on my tailor and make bags to sell...

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to cat666

Ravenholt. I kinda remember that one being a pain.