spc
uniqs
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [Content] Report notifications of Limited Basic tier encryption here

I noticed last week as I was trying to browse my one crappy TV that was still directly plugged into the coax that the only channel I got was a Comcast "ad" telling me to get a box from them.

I'm making an assumption then that the Huntsville, AL market finally went dark as of early March, since the little ones would watch cartoons on PBS regularly as recently as a few weeks ago.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

OK, thanks, you're the first one to report from the Alabama area.

Subscribers are supposed to be notified about this at least 60 days in advance, usually by a notice in their bill.
SunnyD
join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

SunnyD

I've checked all of my current and previous bills for the past 9 months (online), and in the news section none of them reference this change. Unless by chance it would have been on a separate insert in the paper bill, we were never notified of the hard changeover date.

Not that I will defend Comcast, but from what I recall since getting them in August of last year (that's when our subdivision got wired up), they stated that it was encrypted and a box would be necessary anyway.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to telcodad

to telcodad
We got ours in a completely separate (1 page) letter sent to all TV subs...

Suiseiseki
join:2006-11-02
Hazel Green, AL

Suiseiseki to SunnyD

to SunnyD
said by SunnyD:

I noticed last week as I was trying to browse my one crappy TV that was still directly plugged into the coax that the only channel I got was a Comcast "ad" telling me to get a box from them.

I'm making an assumption then that the Huntsville, AL market finally went dark as of early March, since the little ones would watch cartoons on PBS regularly as recently as a few weeks ago.

Yep, a little earlier this month and then a new converter box shows up randomly today that I have to go return at their service center. They sent it without asking and now I am responsible for it. :/