BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to paradigmfl

Re: [CFL] CFL- Paper Bill Statement Charge. $1.00

said by paradigmfl See Profile
Also it cannot be changed later after the fact such as if there is some sort of dispute be it billing or otherwise. Regardless no one should have to justify themselves to the company, another user here, or anyone. It's their own business why they want a paper statement.

:

That is just ludicrous and nobody is preventing you from getting paper statements. You have a choice paper or no paper. And again your point is moot because it doesn't impact you anyway.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Expand your moderator at work

astyanax9

join:2002-11-14
Satellite Beach, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to telijah

Re: [CFL] CFL- Paper Bill Statement Charge. $1.00

said by telijah:

A "need" is something vital to living, or is a requirement. Even without a paperless option, it is still a "want".

I "need" a stiff drink after reading this thread.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by astyanax9:

said by telijah:

A "need" is something vital to living, or is a requirement. Even without a paperless option, it is still a "want".

Sometimes I must admit I'm right there with you
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

jwb1977

join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by astyanax9:

said by telijah:

Sometimes I must admit I'm right there with you

Funny thing is, just how many of these threads leave me that way...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by jwb1977:

Funny thing is, just how many of these threads leave me that way...

Ya think?

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Since this thread is generally trashed with all sorts of non-related stuff....gonna remind everyone one last time....

You will not be subject to receive the new Paper Statement charge IF:

• Existing customers connected prior to April 1st

o If customers are connected prior to April 1st, they will continue to receive a paper statement at no charge when they are transferring and returning from seasonal.

• Bulk customers with no ancillary services

• Any customer that signs-up for electronic statements

• Any customer that has a credit balance on their statement

o If a customer receives a statement reflecting a credit balance, the charge will not apply for that statement.

You will be subject to receive the new Paper Statement charge IF:

• New customers on or after April 1

• Restarting/Reconnecting customers after April 1

• Existing customers that switch from electronic statements to paper statements after April 1st

• Bulk customers that receive ancillary services after April 1st

• Existing Bulk customers that receive ancillary services that switch from electronic statements to paper statements after April 1st

Translation - the majority of you bloviating about this aren't even impacted (unless you don't pay your bill on time and your service is disconnected)...this is a no-brainer.

This information would have been much more effective if you posted it at the beginning of the thread, instead of on page 3. You posted numerous times before you decided to mention that this fee only applied to new customers after April 1st.

Those of us who are discussing this issue are discussing it on principle of the fee, not so much if it affects us. Since this is a public forum to discuss all things Brighthouse, I don't see anything wrong in that.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to telijah
said by telijah:

You're starting to get my point...

:)

smcallah

join:2004-08-05
Home

1 edit
reply to bighorn1

You're not paying extra $0.25 for receipt when buying groceries, do you?

I would argue that you are. They don't put it as a line item on the receipt, but the cost of doing business is certainly figured into the prices of all items. How else would they recover costs?

You don't think that the prices for all grocery items cover rent, salaries, shopping carts, electricity, maintenance, receipt paper? If you tell them you don't need a receipt, it still prints, and you still pay for it in the end. I'd certainly like the option to save a few cents on groceries if I told them, "no receipt" and they didn't print it. Some stores take off a few cents if you bring your own bags.

BHN could easily just keep the $1 in the price of service and make everyone pay it. At least the way they are doing it now, you know what you're paying for and can choose not to pay for it.

smcallah

join:2004-08-05
Home
reply to weaseled386

Times have changed. In fact, they continue to change. Why, exactly, do you need a paper bill? What does the paper bill do that the PDF doesn't?

Even though I like the idea of not receiving a paper bill, I have a good argument for why a paper bill can be good. Because they can change a PDF bill at any time.

My argument about this doesn't include a bill, but a paystub, which is far, far worse.

I chose to keep receiving paper paystubs at my last job, and I'm glad I did. Because one day, I was using my PDF paystubs to try to check my vacation and sick time accumulation. But every PDF I looked at had the same amount of sick and vacation time. Even my original 8 year ago stub had the current amount of time. So I couldn't tell at what rate I was gaining vacation or sick time.

So I had to dig out my paper stubs so I could see that I wasn't earning time at the correct rate and get HR to fix it.

I could have still gone with paperless stubs, but I would have to be sure to print it out or save it as soon as it was available. And I never even expected them of having dynamic data on the stubs, it should have been static.

I've also had something else happen with paperless credit card statements. When I had a 0% interest for the life of the balance offer and transferred some debt over and was paying no interest on it for a year. Then the bank changed ownership and suddenly my offer disappeared from my online statements, even the old ones. And I was charged interest the next month. Luckily I had the old paper statements to show them to get my offer back.

So how do you know that won't happen on your cable billing statement? I'm sure some of you check it immediately and print it out. But what happens if you don't, and you have no record of what it looked like before a change was made?

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

You will not be subject to receive the new Paper Statement charge IF:

• Any customer that has a credit balance on their statement

o If a customer receives a statement reflecting a credit balance, the charge will not apply for that statement.

There you go.... When you pay your $129.96 bill, send a check for $130.00. Then you have a credit, and thus a free paper bill! LOL

Now I'm heading to the bar...
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Keep Calm and Carry A Glock

cbs

join:2014-02-11
Melbourne, FL
reply to paradigmfl
In the process of BHN's making the monthly bill statement "much easier to read," the customer seems to be given less information. Using my current services as an example:

Monthly Charges
Combo
Basic Cable, Standard Cable, Digital Pack, Navigator Guide, Road Runner Standard

appears on the "much easier to read" statement as

Current Monthly Services
Bundled Services
Premier TV Service, Standard Internet
(no itemization of what is included in "Premier TV Service")

Conspicuous by its removal, however, is the box that formerly appeared on page 2. It contained a local customer care telephone number (since replaced by the toll-free 877 number), location and office hours of the nearest customer care center, and, among other details, information on how and when to report an error in the bill statement, consequences for nonpayment of services, and what to do if you are planning to move.