spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

No Truth!

There is NOTHING that states VZ is being sued by TURN nor the State of Cali. NJ is using VZ, but TURN is NOT.

»www.turn.org/press-room/ ··· ing.html They are filing complaints with the PUC of California. BIG difference there.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

Re: No Truth!

said by TBBroadband:

There is NOTHING that states VZ is being sued by TURN nor the State of Cali. NJ is using VZ, but TURN is NOT.

Fact-checking?
Nah...

While I won't go so far as to suggest it was made up - that claim doesn't seem to exist on any other blog, so I'm thinking its a case of Friday-afternoon wishful headlining, which we see here once in a while.

TURN has a point, and while they alone will not achieve anything, no doubt, with their favorite lobby long since termed out, Verizon will probably need have an answer ready before the AG gets interested - and possibly starts pushing back on the bundling issue.

Verizon should be able to retire this issue quickly, by promising FTTH build-outs where-ever copper is removed, and offer copper-equivalent pricing for those who desire it. Not a lot of folks are going to stick with $20 3M/1M service and traditional dialtone, when triple-play video packages are available.

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by elray:

said by TBBroadband:

Verizon should be able to retire this issue quickly, by promising FTTH build-outs where-ever copper is removed, and offer copper-equivalent pricing for those who desire it.

Verizon's promises are not worth the paper they use to document the promise. Look at what is going on in NJ right now. Verizon (OK: NJ Tel and Bell Atlantic) was given lots of tax benefits to 100% Wire the state for Broadband and collected an extra fee to pay for it. They then never delivered and are in the process of trying to get out of/void the requirement. If they want to do FTTH build-outs then do and activate them BEFORE the copper is removed.
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

The problem with the TURN post was they want both systems. I understand if there is no FiOS but to keep a system just because it has been there for 100 years and does not require a battery is not a reason to keep the system in a neighborhood that has FiOS. Get a solar panel to charge the battery if power goes out for days.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to RARPSL

to RARPSL
said by RARPSL:

Verizon's promises are not worth the paper they use to document the promise. Look at what is going on in NJ right now. Verizon (OK: NJ Tel and Bell Atlantic) was given lots of tax benefits to 100% Wire the state for Broadband and collected an extra fee to pay for it. They then never delivered and are in the process of trying to get out of/void the requirement. If they want to do FTTH build-outs then do and activate them BEFORE the copper is removed.

I wasn't suggesting that we can expect them to honor their promise without subtle persuasion from the state, merely that VZ can keep the AG from suing and the legislature from noodling by making such an agreement.

Those here who constantly whine and claim I'm a "corporate shill" always seem to overlook the fact that I'm quite comfortable with the government using its big stick - the threat of regulation and meddling - to encourage better behavior on the part of cable and telco, should they stray too far from their basic service commitments that entitled them to franchises in the first place.