All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Rambytes
join:2006-05-27
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC

Rambytes

[Mobile] Why I can't add my phone (from Virgin Mobile prepaid)

Hi, first, sorry for my english.

I'm with Virgin Mobile, prepaid, and I have the Huawei Y300. But the prepaid plan is more like I want with Bell. So i've buy a new SIM card and a 50$ prepaid card.

I've try to register on the Bell website, but i've got a error message when I enter my IMEI code, it's a error like "this phone cannot be add".

I really don't understand. I've try many time, to be sure I have the right IMEI number, i've enter *#06#, the number is the same on the back of my phone, but the website refuse to accept my phone, so I cannot go further on the registration process.

My phone is unlock, I've already put a custom rom, when I enter my IMEI, Bell don't know at this time if my phone is unlock or not. So I think it's not that.

All peoples tell me that the Y300 is the same phone with Virgin Mobile and Bell... Bell sell the same phone, and there is no "Bell" or "Virgin" print on the phone.. so i really don't understand what is the problem.

Thanks alot!

XoX
join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

3 edits

XoX

you are sure it's unlocked and that you did not just unlock the boot loader? Some people confuse them and think because they have installed a custom ROM after unlocking the boot loader they can use the phone with any cell company.

Unlocking a cell phone normally require a code send to you by someone who have access to the required code. Virgin have access to it but i do not know how much they can charge for it. Many people find them on ebay.

Rambytes

2 edits

Rambytes

You're right on this one, i'm not sure if my phone is NCK unlocked... but wathever, the IEMI will not change? The IEMI number is the same if my phone is unlocked or locked...

Right?

edit1: This is the error message I have when i'm trying to enter my IEMI:
An error occurred while processing your request. The Serial Number entered is not compatible with your mobile service. Please enter a different Serial Number.

edit2: This is what I got when unsing software to check the status of the phone:

Model: Huawei MSM8X25 series
IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wi-Fi MAC: D4:6E:5C:0E:CC:40
BlueTooth MAC: D4:6E:5C:0E:BC:2F
Bootloader status: unlocked
Bootloader code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SIM Lock status: Locked (Network lock)

But if I unlock the phone, the IMEI will still the same and I will still not be able to pass the IEMI registration on the Bell website?!?!?!?!?

I'm a little bit lost

rlmicrosa
join:2013-11-15
canada

rlmicrosa

said by Rambytes:

SIM Lock status: Locked (Network lock)

But if I unlock the phone, the IMEI will still the same and I will still not be able to pass the IEMI registration on the Bell website?!?!?!?!?

I'm a little bit lost

Yes the phone is network locked so it would only be allowed on the Virgin Network. You should activate a line with Bell where they will activate it with a SIM card number.

I've already done that.. I have a prepaid cellphone bought directly from Rogers. I activated it as a normal line, choosing my number from Rogers.
After that, I inserted my SIM card in another phone from someone who was with Bell. When the phone started, it asked me for a unlock code. (Which you can usually buy online or get for free sometimes)

When the SIM is activated you could move your SIM from your Virgin Phone to your Bell Phone (Huawei). When the phone will recognise that the SIM inserted is from Bell it will tell you that you need to unlock your phone.

Short story : The IMEI is kind of a Unique Number identifying your phone on the global network (kind of a MAC address but for cellphone networks)
The SIM code (13 digits) : A code used to map your phone to a cellphone number (The first digits represent your carrier information) The others numbers are identifying your account number on the network.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Rambytes

to Rambytes
Virgin HSPA phones don't need to be unlocked to be used on Bell and vice versa. Bell and Virgin share the same MNC. Try inputting a generic IMEI like 111111111111119 on the website.

Rambytes

Rambytes

said by yyzlhr:

Virgin HSPA phones don't need to be unlocked to be used on Bell and vice versa. Bell and Virgin share the same MNC. Try inputting a generic IMEI like 111111111111119 on the website.

WooHoo!!! Working!

Thanks for this hint!!! You're da best!
Expand your moderator at work