1735 Starz Cinema
1736 Starz Comedy
HDOrlando
join:2011-11-30

1 edit

HDOrlando

Meach,

Nice! Bakersfield also got them today.

We no longer have the 3-D events channel btw. It's not like anything ever came on there though.
meach13
join:2007-04-05
Bessemer, AL

meach13

Do you know if they will be adding an On Demand HD area? I know HBO, Show, etc have there On Demand at the beginning of there HD list. So for Starz it should be 1730 on my screen shot.
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Neither of your boxes are MPEG4 - when you exchange them you need to specify that you need MPEG4 boxes for Starz.

A list of MPEG4 boxes would be helpful. Also in case you ask for an MPEG4 box and the lobby worker just looks at you funny.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando to meach13

to meach13
You would have to ask Gary but if you go to your Starz OD section, there is an HD OD section. I saw it during The Starz free Preview.
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

jwt0001 to meach13

to meach13
Great! I haven't had a chance to check my guide today (of course, with baseball season going on I'm glued to MLB Extra Innings!)
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

It looks like MLB Network/Strike Zone/Extra Innings was renewed.

»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· h/149198

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to HDOrlando

Premium Member

to HDOrlando
We do have a Starz OD for SD so I hope they give us one for HD too.
yimitz
join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI

yimitz to HDOrlando

to HDOrlando
said by HDOrlando:

You would have to ask Gary but if you go to your Starz OD section, there is an HD OD section. I saw it during The Starz free Preview.

No Starz HD OD here in Michigan yet, unless it's buried under some menu that I haven't found yet.
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Funny how you have those channels but don't have the HD section in Starz OD.

kimiye
join:2006-04-12
Winter Springs, FL

kimiye to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Neither of your boxes are MPEG4 - when you exchange them you need to specify that you need MPEG4 boxes for Starz.

What forum should this be in, anyway?

Drove up to Sanford and exchanged my boxes-- got two Cisco 4742HDC and a third DTA to add to my two existing. Got home, hooked up, and not a lot of joy. After 45 minutes on the line with Louis at BH, I have one Cisco box working fine. The other box is stuck on "Downloading Initial Application" and says Alt instead of App. We have a truck roll scheduled for Monday, but I may get antsy and drive back up to Sanford while the office is open in the morning (9-1) to exchange. Louis said it could be an outlet signal issue, but was working fine with the old SA 4250HDC this morning.

The DTA appears to be working, but something is wrong with the cable connection on my old Sony HDTV and the picture is so fuzzy I can't tell what channel it's on. Audio is okay. It was working fine with my other SA 4250 but that was with a component connection. I need to do some trouble shooting but that's on the back burner right now. (Yes, I did set it to Cable and Ch3.)

I guess I'll resort to watching the BH app on my laptop-- I am not going to miss the season premiere of Game of Thrones.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by kimiye:

said by BHNtechXpert:

What forum should this be in, anyway?

Drove up to Sanford and exchanged my boxes-- got two Cisco 4742HDC and a third DTA to add to my two existing. Got home, hooked up, and not a lot of joy. After 45 minutes on the line with Louis at BH, I have one Cisco box working fine. The other box is stuck on "Downloading Initial Application" and says Alt instead of App. We have a truck roll scheduled for Monday, but I may get antsy and drive back up to Sanford while the office is open in the morning (9-1) to exchange. Louis said it could be an outlet signal issue, but was working fine with the old SA 4250HDC this morning.

The DTA appears to be working, but something is wrong with the cable connection on my old Sony HDTV and the picture is so fuzzy I can't tell what channel it's on. Audio is okay. It was working fine with my other SA 4250 but that was with a component connection. I need to do some trouble shooting but that's on the back burner right now. (Yes, I did set it to Cable and Ch3.)

I guess I'll resort to watching the BH app on my laptop-- I am not going to miss the season premiere of Game of Thrones.

This should be here »/fo ··· sedirect

kimiye
Winter Springs, FL

kimiye

Success! I messed around with the coax and the weird rewired connector that the last tech installed-- got the new Cisco 4742 working! I will likely cancel the service call since the Sony/DTA situation is probably an issue with my 13-year-old tube HDTV. Still want me to meet you in Direct?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to HDOrlando

Premium Member

to HDOrlando
Yup...

djmartyr
@209.26.208.x

djmartyr

Anon

Gary,

Is Epix going to be an ala carte premium channel? If not, how will it affect the price of the premium movie channels bundle? I understand there is usually a 2 week to 3 month free period based on other cable providers. Any word on how one will opt in or out from adding Epix? I hope its just as simple as it being added to the premium movie channels but somehow I think that is unlikely.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Can't say as of yet....
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

The Starz HD Channels are now in the guide.

This saga is over and we can now look ahead to the addition of EPIX on May 7 (On or after).
WinstonFl
join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL

WinstonFl

Still no Starz in the guide here in West Volusia!
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

Sometimes they update on different times on different boxes.

kimiye
Winter Springs, FL

kimiye

Got all six Starz HD channels on my new Cisco 4742s (yay!), but now 1463 and 1464 (TMC West and TMC Xtra West) have the same programming. Sling Blade is a good movie, but I don't need it twice. 1464 is supposed to be Beauty Shop. Is this a TMC problem or do I need to reboot?

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to HDOrlando

Premium Member

to HDOrlando
said by HDOrlando:

The Starz HD Channels are now in the guide.

This saga is over...

YES! BUT! Why no StarzHD On Demand? We do have and SD OD channel, so you "would think" like HBO, SHO and MAX they would be so no nice as to provide an OD channel for StarzHD.

Yeah, some of us are NEVER satisfied
HDOrlando

HDOrlando

FearNet will be folded into Chiller soon. May they launch Chiller HD when this happens.

»www.deadline.com/2014/04 ··· er-syfy/

On Starz HD OD, when we had the Starz free preview, there was an HD section on 287 Starz On Demand.