spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jon J
join:2000-06-12
Nashville, TN

Jon J

What Uverse service includes a UPS?

I was telling some friends about my recent switch from regular DSL for internet to Uverse. I received a new gateway in the mail to self install. That's all. All the people I was telling about my experience said they had been provided a UPS. Did I miss something or does internet only not need one. (I have one on the gateway anyway.)

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY

Mr Fel

Premium Member

It's only included in orders that have the VoIP service.

biotech
@66.249.113.x

biotech to Jon J

Anon

to Jon J
If you had ordered Uverse Internet ALONG with Uverse Voice (VoIP), AT&T would have sent you a UPS so that it will remain powered during a power outage (The CO has generators to power essential equipment).

If you didn't, well... you don't get one.
biotech

biotech

Anon

Can the end-user buy themselves a new UPS without buying from Ma Bell directly? (I don't know why I keep on saying Ma Bell in every post...)

fukitol
Solon for President
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
PonziWorld

fukitol

Premium Member

Use any UPS you like.

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
Louisville, KY
Asus RT-N66

Mr Fel to biotech

Premium Member

to biotech
End Users can't buy the gray Belkin UPS from AT&T, it mentions this in the documents included with the UPS that all replacements are bought from Belkin. General info on BBU's direct from AT&T »www.att.com/esupport/art ··· 5ZTeuUwD

For the internal UPS in the 589's, I'm not so sure about. Then for any failing ups on the older inid it's now expected to replace the system with a 589 now.

biotech
@66.249.113.x

biotech

Anon

What I meant by "UPS" is a BBU that can be used with a computer such as APC or CyberPower something like that.

Let's say for example:
You have setup a UPS (ex. APC unit) and you want to connect it to the BBU.
(BBU connects to the APC unit where the APC unit is connected directly to a wall outlet)
biotech

biotech

Anon

in addition:
(Gateway is connected to BBU which in turn is connected to the APC unit mentioned above which connected to AC power. If one would have Uverse TV service...
Example: TV receiver is connected to APC unit)

Mr Fel
INTJ - The Architect
Premium Member
Louisville, KY

Mr Fel

Premium Member

Oh yeah! I do the same thing at home

my thoughts to fukitol

Anon

to fukitol
The grey Rev B is one sent by AT&T

»www.belkin.com/us/gatewa ··· battery/
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to Jon J

to Jon J
Your best bet if you want the RG to remain powered after a power outage is to pick up your own UPS .. This is especially important if you ever end up on the new 589 RG because the battery they provide for VOIP does not power internet or TV to my knowledge.

Jon J
join:2000-06-12
Nashville, TN

Jon J

said by Matt7:

Your best bet if you want the RG to remain powered after a power outage is to pick up your own UPS

I referenced that I have done that in my post.