spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kevintat

@netnam.vn

2wire 2700 HGB

My modem have red light solid when starting, then it turns green after 1 minute ( before very fast). I can log in internet but it's often restart & disconnect the internet. I read the instruction on 2wire website & know that it may have problem with the hardware. Anyone know how to fix it or have the latest firmware for the modem please give me to update it to see it's will better or not (i try to find the firmware but don't see).Thank you

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

Could be a failing power supply. Search here for "red light" and you should find lots of ideas.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
reply to kevintat

First thing is to find another good power supply and try that.

vintagewino

join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to kevintat

Is the power block original? When the 2700's came out, the block gave a lot of problems. The rating on mine is 5.1V @ 2.0A. Can't tell which vintage the block is

The voltage is a little unusual, as they want to guarantee 5V minimum to the chipset.

The 2700's are a great modem for the less than ideal line. However, to find such a power block will take time and likely be close to the same price as a complete TP-Link TD-8816. Start @~$21+, depending where you get it. The wireless (TP-8151) add ~$15.

Never hurts to have something available for troubleshooting.

Not saying you may not have an outside problem, but you want to be certain everything at your side is good. Nothing more irritating than paying the truck roll charge to have him tell you your modem's crapping out!

kevintat

@netnam.vn
reply to kevintat

Dear all, thanks for your help, i did solve the problem. The modem function on 2wire2700 HGB does not stable so i did disable it and use the wifi function only ( with another modem ), now it work well.
Thanks again for your help. Admin pls help me to close the topic.

System
reply to kevintat

This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course