uniqs

IMACOSMONAUT
join:2014-03-22
Pflugerville, TX

IMACOSMONAUT

[BW Meter] 107/5 Cap

Click for full size
usage
So I received this in an email a couple days ago.

As of approximately 11:59 p.m. CT on 03/21/2014, your Internet account had used 372 GB in the current monthly billing period, exceeding the monthly allowance of 350 GB. Your monthly allowance will now be increased in installments of 50 GB at a cost of $10 per installment, to be charged on your next bill. (We waived such charges on the first two monthly overages recorded on your account since our current plan was put into place.)

Is anyone actually getting billed by these? I haven't really been paying attention but this 350GB cap needs to be bumped for 107/5.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

I have yet to hear of anyone being billed by Suddenlink for overages. With all the complaining about caps, though, you'd think they were raking it in hand over fist.
Uplinkpro
join:2008-02-11
Lake Charles, LA

Uplinkpro

Then you haven't been paying attention. I've already been billed about three or four times for overages, the first being somewhere around an extra $70 because their meter reporting is flawed. The warnings you get on your bill come well after the warnings you get in your e-mail, to the point where you can be on your third overage via the e-mail notifications (and thus be charged) without having received your second via the bill. Also, due to how the meter updates you can blaze past their 80% usage warning the same day you're supposed to get it and jump straight over your total data cap before ever receiving it.
semaj81
join:2002-08-12
Marietta, OH

semaj81 to IMACOSMONAUT

to IMACOSMONAUT
Am I some how avoiding these notices because they haven't implemented the cap here for my area? I don't use Suddenlink DNS servers either.. But they keep track of my use and it's been over 300 many, many times..
NoOneButMe
join:2001-08-24
TX

NoOneButMe to IMACOSMONAUT

to IMACOSMONAUT
They need to raise the cap on the 107mb tier people use more bandwidth when they have a fatter pipe and they also pay more for it i think the cap should by higher maybe 400GB to 500GB.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to semaj81

Premium Member

to semaj81
Not all areas are active, though the last I had heard from Pete was that if the meter was working, then you should be able to get billed. Obviously there's still some issues.
semaj81
join:2002-08-12
Marietta, OH

semaj81 to IMACOSMONAUT

to IMACOSMONAUT
I'm on the 50/2 and this is my usage.. Not sure what happened in March lol..

»i.imgur.com/7Hf3lPl.jpg