spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gow75
join:2014-03-24
USA

gow75

Att uverse Gateway firewall and bridge mode

How can i turn off the Residential gateway it seems when i put it in DMZ mode that would turn it off but it doesnt because when i get online with Gears of war 3 the connection changes from open to moderate and this plugged straight into the ATT RG. also since i use a homebrewed version of Smoothwall firewall i dont need this firewall turned on with the RG. what can i do to make the Att uverse router talk to the Smoothwall firewall with its devices that are connected to the smoothwall, i heard bridge mode doesnt work on the RG. how can i turn off the ATT uverse firewall permenatly.

mindlesstux
join:2004-09-20
Wake Forest, NC
ARRIS SB6183
MikroTik hAP AC

mindlesstux

One detail you forgot to mention is which RG you have as ATT currently has at least 4 different models in use by customers.

Though if i am thinking right, that does not matter as the best you can do is set your smoothwall in DMZ+ mode and plug everything in behind the smoothwall.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer

Premium Member

Doesn't matter... NONE of them have a "bridge" mode.
gow75
join:2014-03-24
USA

gow75

thanks guys i figured there is no support for true bridge mode even though in this model which is a 3801hgz model there is an option that says Router behind Router. IDK makes no sense not to mention that i really hate that this model or any other has a firewall. i mean ATT has L2 and L3 firewall support before it even reaches your home network, there are constant scans going on before it even hits my home network. I just do not like the firewall and how it works. for example take an XBO360 and play gears of war 3 plug that straight into the ATT gateway, receive dhcp address and your off an running well lets say on the firewall tab for the ATT router you see the device and the Maximum protection Radial button is selected for that device so you go to play game and it says on GOW3 that NAT is open , well then take this same device and put in DMZ mode go back to the game after a restart of a new game the NAT state says Moderate. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. it should still be OPEN arms right! all i want is to have more control over my LAN with my Smoothwall than use ATT's crap firewall.