uniqs
share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153

[Tampa] Let's get together at Firestone Grand Prix of St Petersburg!

Click for full size
It's that time of year again. This will make our 10th year and I would love to meet you in person. I'll be at our giant tent in the Bright House Networks Speed Zone this Friday from 12pm to 5pm and Saturday 12pm to 5pm rain or shine.

Bring your tech questions or account concerns and I'll be happy to review everything with you on the spot. And don't forget we'll have earplugs and sunscreen for you at the tent as well.

Assuming it's sunny I'll be in the safari hat

Directions:

From the north (Tampa)
I-275 south
I-175 east via (left) exit 22
Keep left onto 5th Avenue S.
Track is at 1st Street S. and 5th Avenue S.

From the north (Clearwater)
US-19 south
54th Avenue N. east
I-275 south
I-175 east via (left) exit 22

From the south
I-275 north (Sunshine Bay Bridge)
I-175 east via exit 22

Entry Gate Hours & Locations

Friday: 8a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Gate 1 is located at 1st Avenue S. and 1st Street S., and offers on-site ticket sales.

Gate 5 is located at 5th Avenue S. and 2nd Street N., and offers on-site ticket sales. Gate 5 also houses the Will Call ticket window.

Both gates are accessible. Please see posted track crossing times.

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL
Just bought my tix for Saturday, will see you there!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
And don't forget the Night Parade and Fireworks downtown on Thursday night

mixdup

join:2003-06-28
Birmingham, AL
reply to BHNtechXpert
You guys should come to the Indy race in Birmingham which is just after St. Pete. Might even get to meet me, Gary

telijah
Premium
Brandon, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I picked a great day, forecasts show 60% rain chances for Saturday. Anything over 30% is usually a guarantee here.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Yep... we will have our ponchos ready....I've been through worse however.

telijah
Premium
Brandon, FL
Is the BHN Zone thing a covered area? I have a huge umbrella, but will be nice to get out of the weather a bit when there.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
We have a very large inflatable dome the rest is uncovered....but there are tents here and there for other things.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Off to the races!! Hope to see you there today or tomorrow. I'll check in with some pics etc as I can.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Great first day at the races. Met several of you out there including one who mentioned safari hat (which I brought with me : Tomorrow may be wet so bring an umbrella!

HsainsVic

join:2014-03-22
That was me. I was looking for the safari hat, and thankfully you had it with you. Thank you again for spending the time you did with me. Your voice and my ears both suffered with the Indy cars practicing, but I appreciated the time with you. Thank you. Victor

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by HsainsVic:

That was me. I was looking for the safari hat, and thankfully you had it with you. Thank you again for spending the time you did with me. Your voice and my ears both suffered with the Indy cars practicing, but I appreciated the time with you. Thank you. Victor

Hey Vic!!! My voice has recovered from yesterday....to do it all again today lol It was a pleasure meeting you as well.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

telijah
Premium
Brandon, FL
Keep the hat, or I will not find ya. I am heading down there within the next hour. I'll be the guy that looks like an extra from the set of Vikings, but wearing an Adidas button down baseball style shirt.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
We are all currently evacuated to the baseball stadium ....lol....

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Click for full size
Click for full size
Today was a washout....I am on the left. We called it a day because it will likely be another hour or more before the rain passes. Those of you waiting for the rain to pass Indycar quals will begin at 5pm based on a tweet they just sent out.

telijah
Premium
Brandon, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I got to the gates around 12:30'ish, right when they were kicking everyone out. I was kind of disappointing, and left after a couple hours, not able to get in.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
You didn't go back? They raced until late last night once the storms passed?

telijah
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
I couldn't, I had other plans for later in the day well across Hillsborough county. I hung out in the parking garage for about as long as I could wait it out, but I had to get out. I only planned for a couple hours to be out there and the storm screwed that all up.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Indeed it did...made for a very wet afternoon for me as well

telijah
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
The plus side of everything was, I finally figured out the problems with my printer while trying to print my tickets. Turns out, if the Windows printer preference are set to greyscale, it doesn't matter what you choose on the Chrome browser's Print page dialog box.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
LOL!!!!