Search similar:

uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

[Weather] Winter giving Ontario another shot...

2:31 PM EDT Tuesday 25 March 2014
Special weather statement in effect for:

City of Toronto

Brief bursts of heavy snow likely this afternoon.

Yet another Arctic cold front is moving in from the northwest and is generating flurries and a few embedded narrow and heavier bands of snow across Southern Ontario. A few web cams are showing brief very low visibility as the heavier snow bands move through.

Snowfall amounts of 2 to 5 cm are quite possible in the heaviest flurries, along with visibilities less than 250 metres.

Motorists should be prepared for sudden very low visibility in bursts of heavy snow, as well as accumulating snow on untreated roads. Hazardous winter driving conditions are quite possible.

Snow squall watches have been issued for areas southeast of London to Midland including the Greater Toronto area where a fairly solid band of brief heavy snow along with potential for near zero visibility will blast through this afternoon.

The cold front and snow bands will move east of the regions near Lake Huron by mid afternoon, and will reach the Greater Toronto area later this afternoon.

joeblow3
join:2000-12-27
h0h0h0

joeblow3

Go to the east coast there they are expecting 35 - 40 cm tomorrow then another 10 on Saturday and another 15 cm on Sunday.

»www.theweathernetwork.co ··· /halifax

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by joeblow3:

Go to the east coast there they are expecting 35 - 40 cm tomorrow then another 10 on Saturday and another 15 cm on Sunday.

»www.theweathernetwork.co ··· /halifax

Given how much snow the NCR has had this winter, and still has, my response is.....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
We had a brief burst of snow around here about 15 minutes ago. Didn't last too long and nothing stuck around.

I watched the squall line on radar come across Grey-Dufferin counties. Timed it just right for picking my kids up from school.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to donoreo

to donoreo
what the heck? It is snowing now.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather
We're above freezing so ours is going to come through in a few minutes as rain.

Going cold tomorrow, but then for the next week or so it's supposed to be quite warm - as high as balmy double digits next week!

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to donoreo

Mod

to donoreo
We've had some flakes this afternoon, and will probably get a few more, but nothing of any real consequence.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to donoreo

to donoreo
Snowing all morning, a heavy blast at lunch and the then sunshine and very cold.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Snowed last night, snowed today, hard to tell its spring.
This winter has been dragging along but I hope things gradually warm up rather than going from Arctic blast nuclear winter to thermonuclear summer weather.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by Thane_Bitter:

Snowed last night, snowed today, hard to tell its spring.
This winter has been dragging along but I hope things gradually warm up rather than going from Arctic blast nuclear winter to thermonuclear summer weather.

At this rate I'll lay odds that the summer weather is going to be craptastic...

Meaning my trip to Texas in June is going to be the only heat I *get* this summer :P

NefCanuck

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

There's been some talk of El Nino ramping up this summer. If that happens we will literally go from cold winter to deathly hot summer with no transition in between. It'll be brutal for infrastructure, plants and animals not to mention people who have become used to going outside in -20 weather with nothing but a sweat shirt suddenly having to deal with 35C weather and unable to go outside with no clothes on.
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

said by Gone:

There's been some talk of El Nino ramping up this summer. If that happens we will literally go from cold winter to deathly hot summer with no transition in between. It'll be brutal for infrastructure, plants and animals not to mention people who have become used to going outside in -20 weather with nothing but a sweat shirt suddenly having to deal with 35C weather and unable to go outside with no clothes on.

Great...

I'll take my winter back please.
Expand your moderator at work

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: [Weather] Winter giving Ontario another shot...

I did here of El Nino, but I heard it wouldn't be a factor until January. So at least we'll get a warm winter next year. I hope.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Yeah, lots of different opinions on it. The lake ice alone is going to make for a very cold spring no matter what happens over the ocean.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

Yeah, that part.

I remember one year it got really warm at the beginning of April. Travelling in the QEW and it was 33C outside. Started getting into Burlington, and temperature fell all the way down to 12C over and around the Burlington Skyway. Yep, went to AC to running the heater.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

In anticipation of this very scenario I went to Florida to acclimate. Am I brilliant or what?
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Yeah I have this feeling we'll go from winter straight to summer. Do not pass spring. Do not collect $200.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

Have we ever collected $200? Not even as a passing gift!

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I never actually saw any snow from this event.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Neither did we.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

We wuz robbed!

Bender_2k
join:2003-01-12

Bender_2k

They can keep all the snow! I saw none yesterday and hope it stays like that!

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
It appears "the winter" finally ends tonight for most of Ontario... Supposed to see lows between -10 and -14 across most of the province -- then tomorrow up to somewhere between +2 and +4 for a high, and the 14 day outlook from there rarely if ever has lows below 0 or -1, and daytime highs range from 4 to 10 across a wide swath from London to Ottawa... that takes us to the middle of April -- which theoretically should mean we're late enough in the spring season to likely never see anything below -3 or so again after that point...

Hopefully some of this warm that's on its way here moves into the Atlantic provinces by the weekend to melt some of today's misery.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

Goody, I can now put out my garden hose and wash all the dirt and salt off my driveway, 15 cars out front and sidewalk in my never ending obsessive compulsive ways.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to donoreo

to donoreo
don't feel bad, there was a flock of 200 Canadian geese that flew into Winnipeg, and flew right back south....

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
I was skiing near Collingwood last Tuesday. It snowed on and off most of the Afternoon. Sometimes it came down so hard it was blinding. Nice though , fresh power for every run.

Winter isn't going away without a fight!

Now this just in :

WOCN11 CWTO 271711
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA AT 1:11 PM EDT
THURSDAY 27 MARCH 2014.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT FOR:
=NEW= GREY - BRUCE
=NEW= BARRIE - ORILLIA - MIDLAND
=NEW= PARRY SOUND - MUSKOKA
=NEW= BURK'S FALLS - BAYFIELD INLET.

SNOWFALL TODAY AND THIS EVENING, FOLLOWED BY 15 TO 25 MM OF
RAINFALL OVERNIGHT AND FRIDAY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
==DISCUSSION==
A WEATHER SYSTEM WILL TRACK ACROSS GEORGIAN BAY ON FRIDAY.

SNOW ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM HAS ALREADY BEGUN IN THE REGIONS.
SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL RANGE BETWEEN ABOUT 2 AND 8 CM IN MOST AREAS,
BUT MAY BE EXCEED 10 CM RANGE IN THE BURK'S FALLS - BAYFIELD INLET
REGION.

THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO RAIN TONIGHT, CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH
OF THE DAY FRIDAY, THEN END BY FRIDAY NIGHT. IN TOTAL, 15 TO 25 MM
OF RAINFALL ARE POSSIBLE.

PLEASE MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND WARNINGS FROM ENVIRONMENT
CANADA AT WWW.WEATHEROFFICE.GC.CA

END