dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
63475675 (banned)
join:2014-01-06

63475675 (banned)

In the Anderson, SC area? 60/4 only avail in select areas!

I was playing around with the Charter.com address selection for available service and it appears that only certain areas in and around Anderson, SC are able to get the upgrade to 60 Mbps even though the ENTIRE area has gone digital.

Just an FYI!

B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

If you have received Charter Spectrum marketing material or info on your billing statement then you can get the upgrade to 60Mbps. You don't really have to do anything if you are on current plans/pricing as a simple reboot of the modem will give you the necessary config file

chaud
Serious Business
join:2004-07-09
Huntsville, AL

chaud

said by B4Knight:

If you have received Charter Spectrum marketing material or info on your billing statement then you can get the upgrade to 60Mbps. You don't really have to do anything if you are on current plans/pricing as a simple reboot of the modem will give you the necessary config file

Apparently not, as I have been rebooting once a day since Greenville got it last week with no increase. Still a solid 30. Chat reprovisioned the modem, which didn't help, so I guess I get to call tomorrow.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

Did you receive any Spectrum marketing material in the mail though? If not then you most likely don't have it yet. Charter doesn't seem to have listed all the locations that the 60Mbps upgrade is active in :/

chaud
Serious Business
join:2004-07-09
Huntsville, AL

chaud

said by B4Knight:

Did you receive any Spectrum marketing material in the mail though? If not then you most likely don't have it yet. Charter doesn't seem to have listed all the locations that the 60Mbps upgrade is active in :/

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. If I did it is already discarded now.

I know the chat people aren't very reliable, but they checked and said it was active here.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

If should have been available on March 18th I believe. Maybe they are pushing the wrong config file?? I would call in instead of using online chat
63475675 (banned)
join:2014-01-06

63475675 (banned)

Nice to know that while paying the same exact price, some customers get the stick ,while others get the carrot.
All within a 1 to 15 mile radius.

Thanks Charter.
KenKnight
join:2004-06-15
Anderson, SC

KenKnight to 63475675

to 63475675
I'm in Anderson
And I called in to see why I didn't get the higher speed
It turned out that I was on an older, grandfathered, plan
I upgraded to a current plan for about the same price
And was instantly upgraded to the high speed

techie01
@charter.com

techie01

Anon

KenKnight is correct, if you still have the old pricing and packaging like digital home or internet express with the $10 internet plus upgrade, call in to order the new pricing sets to be made eligible for the upgrade when it comes.

GvilleDSL
join:2009-11-12
Greenville, SC

GvilleDSL to 63475675

to 63475675
Yeah if you are still on a promotional plan/package you are going to have to wait until it expires before your speeds are changed.