spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gotspeed

join:2011-12-30

Has Shaw abandoned this forum?

It looks to me that the Shaw reps have completely abandoned this forum. The last post a Shaw rep answered a question was 2013-Oct-8 4:32 pm...then immediately avoiding questions regarding the hot topic of the drop of broadband 250/15mbps plans since.

Has the top brass muzzled their forum Reps commenting on touchy subjects since the Usage based billing fiasco, with the lies and misleading information? What's the point of a Shaw forum for Clients when Shaw seems too afraid to join the party?

shawuser

join:2010-10-15
Vancouver, BC

they're in the community forums hosted by shaw. they can't arbitrarily close/delete threads here.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Gotspeed

Probably. I follow this forum for internet stuff and the one on digitalhome for cable stuff. They've both gone pretty silent since shaw started up their own forumish website.

The problem is Shaw's site is pretty censored and filtered and has a horrible layout.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to Gotspeed

I'm still here, but I am spread out between the community forum and Reddit.

I'm happy to help out where I can.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to Gotspeed

They haven't abandoned it. Just no problems, except minor gripes. Shaw is almost perfection.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Gotspeed

that's a valid point. I've been back with Shaw for nearly 3 years and my only gripe is with the constant price increases.

Service wise I have no complaints. My internet speed is a rock solid 50mbps and my TV service always works. The concierge chat thing is pretty good for adding/removing a channel... good stuff.

shawstinks

@shawcable.net
reply to capdjq

Good one!

Gotspeed

reply to Shaw_Alex

said by Shaw_Alex:

Thanks for commenting. Now it's great your hear and everything, but if you look around this forum, there are literally hundreds of questions asked, waiting for a Shaw Reps reply. If your to spread out and can't answer all, most would understand, but not answering a single one since last Oct 2013 is disrespectful to Shaw's clients. May be getting another few Reps in here to help out is needed, or better time management.

Just saying

Doonz

join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

said by Gotspeed:

said by Shaw_Alex:

Thanks for commenting. Now it's great your hear and everything, but if you look around this forum, there are literally hundreds of questions asked, waiting for a Shaw Reps reply. If your to spread out and can't answer all, most would understand, but not answering a single one since last Oct 2013 is disrespectful to Shaw's clients. May be getting another few Reps in here to help out is needed, or better time management.

Just saying

Gotspeed,

Alot of the people asking for Shaw help usually don't require actual shaw help. Most community members here are able to help them out. What is getting tiring is the repeated questions that have been answered and explained in great detail by others on the forum.

I understand the frustration with not getting a true response from an Actual shaw employee but in all honesty, unless its account related most people here are able to resolve the problem or set the person on the right path with the right data to present to shaw.

Example:

A frequent question is

Why is my speed so slow?

Responses usually contain this:
Are you running wireless or wired?
Are you running with shaw modem bridged or gateway mode?
Are you running bandwidth intensive applications when this is happening?
What does the shaw speed test actually give you?
Can you post your specifications. What website
Then we get down to trace routes which can show a lot of the problem is beyond the shaw network and shaw has no control over this.

Those kinds of questions do not require a shaw representative to respond too.

Now something like this:

What is the roll out status of XXXX in XXXX

That would be something a shaw rep would have to answer but most likely they have answered and a simple search would have answered the question.

Not True

@videotron.ca
reply to Gotspeed

said by Gotspeed:

but if you look around this forum, there are literally hundreds of questions asked, waiting for a Shaw Reps reply.

Lies. All lies. Show me one question never answered. Dare you.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

1 edit
reply to Gotspeed

Most questions have to be handled on a one-on-one basis (Internet speed troubleshooting, ect) and the forum isn't the best place to get that help.

While it's great to have discussions on Shaw products, most threads would be much better suited to shaw.ca/chat or a phone call to one of our reps. I do check this forum every day or two, and usually the questions that could have used my help have already been answered.

What would you guys like to see more of? When I'm not on here, I'm writing documents for the community or other projects based on customer support, so let me know if there is anything that could help you guys out.

Gotspeed

reply to Not True

said by Not True :

said by Gotspeed:

but if you look around this forum, there are literally hundreds of questions asked, waiting for a Shaw Reps reply.

Lies. All lies. Show me one question never answered. Dare you.

Any question regarding Unlimited 250mpbs or phase 2, or ridiculous pricing new packages on the last page of "Ask a Shaw Rep" »[ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

I've answered that question many times before, and multiple times on that thread; so I'd consider that answered.

The information is available on our website as well »www.shaw.ca/internet/broadband-250/

We are expanding broadband 250 service areas.

lolwut

@shawcable.net

your joking right? you would have to be stupid or very uninformed to work in shaw and not give the correct answer about this

i am 100% positive without a doubt bb250 has been put completely on hold. YOU ARE NOT EXPANDING THE BB250 SERVICE AREAS!, so dont lie and say you are. that is pure bullshit. infact people who are in 250 areas, its not even available there taking it away so the only people that can get it are current users.

your a shaw rep, your suppose to be reliable, yet your not at all, you even told me over a year ago when phase 2 was done you would get me upgraded upload, and you did nothing but completely fail on that.

Doonz

Beaumont, AB

said by lolwut :

your joking right? you would have to be stupid or very uninformed to work in shaw and not give the correct answer about this

i am 100% positive without a doubt bb250 has been put completely on hold. YOU ARE NOT EXPANDING THE BB250 SERVICE AREAS!, so dont lie and say you are. that is pure bullshit. infact people who are in 250 areas, its not even available there taking it away so the only people that can get it are current users.

your a shaw rep, your suppose to be reliable, yet your not at all, you even told me over a year ago when phase 2 was done you would get me upgraded upload, and you did nothing but completely fail on that.

Wow so much fail in one post.

250 is still available.

Your thinking of 250 unmetered .

lolwut

@shawcable.net

no im not your wrong, don't believe me call shaw and ask them if u cancel if u can get it back, they will tell you no. im positive and i have talked to very high level reps about this. 250 rollout is frozen, and essentially no one has the ability to sign up for the service anymore.

Expand your moderator at work

Doonz

Beaumont, AB
reply to lolwut

Re: Has Shaw abandoned this forum?

said by lolwut :

no im not your wrong, don't believe me call shaw and ask them if u cancel if u can get it back, they will tell you no. im positive and i have talked to very high level reps about this. 250 rollout is frozen, and essentially no one has the ability to sign up for the service anymore.

Just put my parents on the plane last week. again your wrong.

what has disappeared in the unmetered version

Bauwoo

join:2003-12-07
Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw
reply to lolwut

said by lolwut :

Don't like it? There's the door. GTFO!

xtachx

join:2005-11-19
canada
reply to Gotspeed

Called shaw. 250 is available. Dont know where you are getting your info from.
--
Connected to the world with 1-800-BLOODBATH-Mobility

Expand your moderator at work

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to Gotspeed

Note to All

»Site FAQ »What are the Rules on Posting?

Kinzy

@shawcable.net
reply to xtachx

Re: Has Shaw abandoned this forum?

said by xtachx:

i got the info from mike who is a regional rep in the sea-to-sky area. he had specifically told me that even areas where 250 had been rolled out (like squamish was the example in my case) that it wasnt available. i left a message with him the day this argument started and he just got back to me on it today, seems he was misunderstanding as at the beginning of the call he still said no one could get 250, but at the end he basically said thats its totally possible its available where it already has been rolled out, though contradictory to what he has said before, atleast he told me the truth.

i am not trying to argue for no reason i was simply stating what i had been told that 250 rollout was 100% on pause and even people in area where it was previously available couldnt get it, it seems this is what the reps are suppose to tell people, lol.

after looking into this thoroughly i am happy to admit i was wrong.

however the one thing i was not wrong about, 250 rollout has been on hold for months and will not be added to additional areas regardless of if the infrastructure can support / upgraded for it

my bad guys but i was only relaying info from the highest level shaw employee's i could.

Doonz

Beaumont, AB
reply to Gotspeed

Could be worse right now... take a look at the telus Forum....