onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

iPad air charger

I'm looking to get one from Newegg but they don't carry the original one.

Will any of these be compatible with the iPad Air?

»www.neweggbusiness.com/p ··· -484-001

»www.neweggbusiness.com/p ··· -952-796

»www.neweggbusiness.com/p ··· -792-002

»www.neweggbusiness.com/p ··· -227-032

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

I'd get the IOGEAR one. (2nd link) 10 watts of output is enough.

I think they all should be compatible with iPad Air, though.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by AppleGuy:

I'd get the IOGEAR one. (2nd link) 10 watts of output is enough.

I think they all should be compatible with iPad Air, though.

See since the Apple charger says 12w, I'm stumped thinking that they may not charge the iPad Air.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

12w is the maximum rating. As long as you're above 5 watts it should charge good. You can charge the iPad Air with your computer, then you should be able to charge it with a 10 watt adaptor.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by AppleGuy:

12w is the maximum rating. As long as you're above 5 watts it should charge good. You can charge the iPad Air with your computer, then you should be able to charge it with a 10 watt adaptor.

Cool man thanks.
Oh, and any lightning connector should work as well correct? Cause I could have sworn that I connected an after market lightning cable and seen a message on the iPad mentioning something about, "not a compatible device" or something like that. It was a few months ago so I can't remember exactly what it said.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

Oh...I am not sure about after-market cables, I have had some and they're not always good, and I have gotten a similar message, but that wasn't for the lightning cable. But I do have a regular lightning cable and my iPad will charge from anything, including the 'spare battery' device I bought. (might be good for 1 charge)

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

thanks again.
I ordered 2 of the iogear.

If I can find that cable I was using, I'll try it again and screen shot the error.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
I HIGHLY recommend this Anker charger:

Anker® 25W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger Travel Power Ada... »www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVH ··· b1H7XKPB

I have two of them - one for home, one for travel - and they're AWESOME. They charge anything I throw at them!

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

Anker® 25W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger Travel Power Ada... »www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVH ··· b1H7XKPB

I have two of them - one for home, one for travel - and they're AWESOME. They charge anything I throw at them!

That's really cool. I assume you can charge any device in any port...it doesn't have to be those labeled items correct?

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by onebadmofo:

said by dennismurphy:

That's really cool. I assume you can charge any device in any port...it doesn't have to be those labeled items correct?

Correct, but I do keep the higher-draw items (ipad etc) in the higher-wattage ports. Otherwise, doesn't matter.
dennismurphy

dennismurphy to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
Now, for MAHR POWER, Anker also has this 40w model:
»www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B ··· asin_lnk