Search similar:

uniqs
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4 to aa0741

to aa0741

Re: [X1-X2] Cloud Capabilities for X1 Chicago Region

Does anyone know, if I am getting installed on Thursday, how do I go about enabling the cloud functionality?

Is there a fee?
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

You have to have it coded on your account. Also it depends on what package you have if there is a fee or not? Also are you a Triple Play at least customer?
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Yes, triple play
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

What level? Most of the reps I spoke with over the past week, said only the top 2 packages, were free, the others there was a charge. But you would need to call in and talk with your sales rep, to see. They may be able to waive the charge for you.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Premier
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

Then it should be free. At least that is what they told me. Well today I finally got the right sales rep, and she added it to my account. I had to wait a bit, and then reboot all my boxes, and my internet/phone rebooted shortly after she updated my account. So far so good. Now trying to look for an FAQ/User Guide for it.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

If you do find one, please pass on the info
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ral-faqs

General FAQ, with links to others.
burtelson1
join:2013-07-17
Lombard, IL

burtelson1 to aa0741

to aa0741
yes I was able to do everything it is billed as doing.

BigBearsFan
join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan to aabaaf

to aabaaf
go to X1 forums and look under cloud dvr
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

What additional information will that tell us BigBearsFan? I linked already to the FAQ's. The main and only question I have remaining, is how does it actually work. I know about broadcasting, to phones, tablets, laptops. I know the cloud exists. The question I have, and multiple different sources at Comcast have given me several different answers is, how does it work. Are all NEW recordings JUST going to the cloud and not to the box? Or is the cloud just a backup of the DVR box, in case you need it switched out or it starts to malfunction, and that way you can still record/watch programs while waiting for them to fix/swap out your DVR box.

BigBearsFan
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan

I as well have heard a couple of different ways this thing works .One was that everything is done right within the dvr box,as for now nothing goes to an outside bank of servers. Then I've heard the opposite.So I still wonder how it works.We haven't gotten it yet and it is not scheduled for this area. I question why it was released only for KitKat 4.4 on Android when other Android apps go earlier versions.
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

With Comcast who knows. As far as the Android version, they probably just drew a line in the sand and said you must have at least this going forward. Since they teamed up with Verizon, it may be a way to encourage those with older handsets to upgrade.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to BigBearsFan

to BigBearsFan
make it jelly bean at least. Not too many current devices have kit kat. Some like my phone might never get kit kat

BigBearsFan
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan

Checked this evening about 11 on the help and support ,the live streaming went to xtv site it said cloud was available in my area so I called in. Csr said it was not available so I tried chat and contacted sales he said it was and said he added the code tried logging in it recognizes mywifi,asks me to name device then I gat a 403 error on my computer on my smart phone says my device is incompatible which I knew it would I have Jellybean. So the wait begins again for an app that covers my devices.Is there an identifing number or anything that idetifies having cloud access ?
corgi11
join:2013-09-30

corgi11 to psujim

to psujim
X-1 Cloud Now Available Chicagoland
04-18-2014 09:13 AM

When I woke up this morning and turned on my TV I got a message on my X-1 DVR that said welcome to our new cloud service do you accept the terms of service. I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago. And yes I said ok and now I have it
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

I had that message and accepted but can't access my recordings through the app
aa0741
join:2014-04-10
Chicago, IL

aa0741

is everybody shows recording in the cloud or dvr.
corgi11
join:2013-09-30

corgi11

It seems that on my system I am recording on both
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf to BigBearsFan

to BigBearsFan
Tech support states they are on both. The cloud is so you can watch them on your mobile devices, and also if they need to replace your DVR(s), you can then download them to your new DVR and not lose recordings. Separate clouds for each DVR you have, and the cloud is the same size as the DVR 500 GB.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

I used it this morning - watched a show on the train - it was awesome!

Greg62490
@comcast.net

Greg62490

Anon

Okay. This is definitely a problem. It's scheduling recording on the cloud but they don't show up on the boxes. They're all on the cloud app but not on the boxes like they should be! Why is it recording the shows and then it's not showing up? The recording light shows on the box yet it doesn't even show on the box.
GoodOmens
join:2005-07-06
Washington, DC

GoodOmens to BigBearsFan

to BigBearsFan
So for recording to the cloud - let's say I have something scheduled to record and it's currently recording to the cloud.

Can I then start watching it immediately from the cloud anywhere or do I have to wait until I'm home to download it to my device and then watch it?
aabaaf
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

Read the FAQ link posted earlier, to answer that question. Also spoke with Tier 2 support yesterday, and the cloud right now only will work with 1 DVR @ a time, as far as backing it up. You can choose which one in settings, but the one not selected will not be backed up, and cannot be restored, should they need to replace your DVR. Also they soon will do away with allowing you to have multiple DVR's, that are separate, only to add more GB's to store programs. As they will basically turn the second box into a slave box. No, details on when all this will happen, but he did state it was in the works, and either in testing, or soon to be tested.
jfriend33
join:2011-04-24
Chicago, IL

jfriend33

I thought everyone only had one main x1 box with additional access boxes. The only recording happens on the main box. Why would a person even choose which one?

When cloud comes to peoria, IL, I will probably just erase all my recordings and reschedule all my shows just to be safe. I've even favoriting all the series I record.
jfriend33

1 edit

jfriend33

Just got off the phone with x1 platform. Great news it's available in Peoria area and chicago! They gave me this direct number for any x1 issues 8778968678 takes you straight to the department!

Cloud was added to my account and should be working in 45 minutes!!! Right now I'm still getting an error on my tablet stating I'm not connected to my home wifi. But she assured me it would work soon!

And I asked what the process would be like on the box and she said the menu would prompt me through everything.

EDIT:

Its been over an hour since activation. I have been transferred to three different departments, with no answers. I have tried on a kitkat tablet, a kitkat phone, an xp desktop hardwired to my wireless gateway2, and a windows 7 laptop.

The tablet and phone both say I'm not connected to my in home wifi even though I am. The desktop and laptop both let me log in, show an error message stating xfinity x1 is either in my area or not, then says congratulations please name the device. After naming the device it says Error 403, your connection has been interrupted , this is a temporary issue so try again shortly.

Strange strange strange...

BigBearsFan
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan

Talked to billing few minutes ago and was told this has not been released to our area as of yet.Chicago and some of the suburbs have this service .For us the date is still to be announced .I tried also several times to activate it after going on xtv site and get the same error code on my computer and same message can't find your wifi on my tablet and smart phone.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to BigBearsFan

MVM

to BigBearsFan
Comcast has now launched X1 Cloud technology in southern Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. today:

Comcast Launches X1 DVR With Cloud Technology And Live In-home Streaming In Delaware, Maryland, Virginia And Washington, D.C.
Comcast press release, PR Newswire - May 8, 2014
»www.prnewswire.com/news- ··· 941.html