Search similar:

uniqs
thecrisis
join:2006-01-13
Long Island City, NY

1 edit

thecrisis

[Speed] Inconsistent/Slow Download & Upload Speeds in ASTORIA

On the 50/11 internet plan, but I'm experiencing extremely slow download and upload speeds in Astoria, NY for the last week or so. Even during off-peak hours it's quite bad.

Is there some type of maintenance being deployed? Modem page says I'm bonded to 4 downstream channels. RCN speedtest site says I'm within spec on all 3 categories. If someone could look into my area/node it would be much appreciated.

Encoded Mac: 351462604a1873703da85985a4712a6475cd7338

QuikBrownFox
@rcn.com

QuikBrownFox

Anon

I've been having packet loss problems in Astoria in the last week or so. Packet loss is between 3% and 24% was the highest I've seen over a period of 10 minutes. I can only measure in the evenings.
I believe I have eliminated all possibility that the problem is in my apartment:
Changed modem
Tried 2 different computers, connected straight to the modem
Tried 2 different ethernet cables
Tried 3 different RCN sockets I have installed

Yesterday it seems like the problem "magically" disappeared at 10:40pm. The day before that it was consistent well into the night (at least until 2am). RCN phone agents were able to confirm that they see packet loss when pinging my modem but couldn't explain it and suggested just to send a tech person to check it out.

Encoded Mac: f1c1a910d1498e6a822ec66b2c48d69a96470eaa
Neiljoshua
join:2012-08-20
Astoria, NY

Neiljoshua

What modem do you have? I used to have a Cisco one. I now have an arris, and I get 52mbps/11mbps. It could be the cable modem.