Search similar:

uniqs

JT
@50.40.57.x

JT

Anon

[X1-X2] Xfinity X1 vs Dish Network Hopper

Hey everyone,

I moved my internet to Comcast last week from Frontier. Loving the speed increase. When the installer was out he was asking why I didn't move the television service over as well, as it would be cheaper to bundle. I told him that we were too attached to our hopper whole home dvr with dish. He was telling me that Comcast now had an X1 system that rivaled the Hopper and that I should read up on it, and that if I decided I wanted to move over television service as well, that I would be able to hop onto a new customer double play promotion within the first 30 days of service.

I have been reading, and reading, and reading some more about the x1. It seems to be mixed reviews. It looks like since around February things have gotten a lot better with the X1. I decided to call comcast and schedule a service appt, I could always cancel later if I changed my mind, and didn't want to mess around and pass my initial 30 days. It was like pulling teeth to get them to give me an X1 system on a double play instead of triple play. I finally pulled it off when I threatened to just cancel since I was in the first 30 days, and then re-open a new account in my wife's name. They transferred me to customer loyalty and it was done in 10 minutes.

I am curious for opinions from anyone who has made the switch, and what your thoughts are of the services the X1 offers versus what the Hopper offered? Any regrets from switching? Like I said, I have been doing my homework; however, most of the comparison threads are from mid to late last year and a lot of the issues may not be relevant anymore. Thanks in advance.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

said by JT :

Hey everyone,

I moved my internet to Comcast last week from Frontier. Loving the speed increase. When the installer was out he was asking why I didn't move the television service over as well, as it would be cheaper to bundle. I told him that we were too attached to our hopper whole home dvr with dish. He was telling me that Comcast now had an X1 system that rivaled the Hopper and that I should read up on it, and that if I decided I wanted to move over television service as well, that I would be able to hop onto a new customer double play promotion within the first 30 days of service.

I have been reading, and reading, and reading some more about the x1. It seems to be mixed reviews. It looks like since around February things have gotten a lot better with the X1. I decided to call comcast and schedule a service appt, I could always cancel later if I changed my mind, and didn't want to mess around and pass my initial 30 days. It was like pulling teeth to get them to give me an X1 system on a double play instead of triple play. I finally pulled it off when I threatened to just cancel since I was in the first 30 days, and then re-open a new account in my wife's name. They transferred me to customer loyalty and it was done in 10 minutes.

I am curious for opinions from anyone who has made the switch, and what your thoughts are of the services the X1 offers versus what the Hopper offered? Any regrets from switching? Like I said, I have been doing my homework; however, most of the comparison threads are from mid to late last year and a lot of the issues may not be relevant anymore. Thanks in advance.

Actually the X1 is way better then the Hopper to me. I had gotten the X1 when it dropped in August, I was the first one in the Chicagoland area from what I was told to have it installed it took about 4 hours, But it actually a lot faster the On-Demand is way better & faster, No different really then the hopper is just faster as in the UI I feel like the Hopper is Laggy and slow but not with the X1 & with more on-demand shows. If I wasn't in a contract with DISH & if Comcast had Boomerang I would switch back instantly and I plan to in 2 Years when my Contract is up.