how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jed1154

join:2001-09-06
USA

I need a new service provider

I need to use an Aircard, preferably on the sprint network. It needs to be 60 per month or less. It needs to be unlimited.

Is there a wireless broadband solution for me? I have no other options where I live. Satellite is not an option for remote working.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..
ain't gonna find $60 or less for unlimited. Best you can do is Sprint with »tbbroadband.us/extended-data.html
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

jed1154

join:2001-09-06
USA
reply to jed1154
Dang. That's what I was afraid of. Currently on Sprint unlimited for 60/month. But its a 3G card, my only source of internet, and Id like to be able to stream. Can't upgrade to a LTE card without upgrading service which puts the cap back on and increases my monthly fee. Guess Ill just stick with it. Can't believe we have marginal internet, capped, ridiculously priced in 2014. Ought to be outlawed. Amazing. :/
Expand your moderator at work

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA
reply to jed1154

Re: I need a new service provider

You don't provide any address info or location to see if there is a WISP in your area.

Goliath2k
Premium
join:2013-12-28
united state
reply to jed1154
What sort of speeds are you getting? Have you considered getting an amplifier and an antenna?

We're on Sprint 3G Grandfathered Unlimited as well, and we can stream Netflix (on lowest quality), and YouTube (around 360p, but we prefer to download the YouTube video first and watch it buffer free). Even Amazon Prime works.

SysOp

join:2001-04-18
Douglasville, GA
Reviews:
·MetroPCS

4 edits
reply to jed1154
said by jed1154:

But its a 3G card, my only source of internet, and Id like to be able to stream

Do you live in an area with T-mobile LTE? What about WiMax?

My old Clear modem is still pulling 60ms pings over WiMax. Find a Clear WiMax modem on craigslist (free?), if you get green lights on the modem then you could try that.

How about Freedompop? Uses Sprint LTE or WiMax
»[Review] Freedompop

Scilicet
Spaced Out
Premium
join:2005-04-11
Aurora, CO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to jed1154
I need a new service provider, as well. I'm stuck with Comcast and I just hate the buffering. I have a 30/5 service that only gets 30/5 if I use their speedtest. Otherwise, they choose what I can download and at what speeds. It sucks! I can't even hook my cell phone to the WiFi without prefacing all my calls with, "When the call drops out, I'll call you back!" So, I just use Verizon's network without problems.

So, I hear this advertisement on the radio for SkyBeam. So, I call them up and they can't answer a question like, "Will I have a static or dynamic IP?" OK, I'll get back to you and I look up the reviews on this forum. Gees! I might as well go back to dial up.

The only other option is a twisted pair of copper wires from CenturyLink. No way! There's just nothing else of value in Denver, period. Can someone lend me a few billion? I'll start my own fiber company.
--
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - W. Durant
"Hope and Carry."

JamiePerez

join:2014-09-23
USA
reply to jed1154
I don't have any idea about unlimited air card for 60 $. But if you find any then remember to check it properly because once I used Verizon Air-Card, the salesman told me that it is unlimited in 60 $ but after some time they are started charging early termination fee.

exxtacypilot
Premium
join:2004-07-16
Rhome, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·AT&T Wireless Br..
reply to jed1154
Depending on how you manage usage, you may want to look at Ting. They are a Sprint MVNO You pay for what you use, after $6 per month per device. The cost has been reasonable, at least for me. I reduced my subscription cost by more than half over AT&T. But I'm a fairly light user, with periodic spikes on data when traveling.

»z4omok6qd.ting.com/

There's a discount at this link.

The web site includes a rate calculation page. Support has been excellent. However, their business model may not fit everyone's requirements.