join:2012-02-28
Columbus, OH
Humax BGW320-500
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti U6-Lite

tehkwhiz

Switched back to U-Verse -- Question about Gateway/Router

Okay, Okay.

Switched my grandfather to TWC last summer because AT&T dropped the ball and totally went to crap.

TWC has been dropping the ball too, and an AT&T rep called an hour ago trying to resell us and we bit, simply because apparently U-Verse Power (45/6) is FINALLY available here, and I'm ok with it because it's such a negligible difference from 50/5.

However, we just spent $450 on two AirPort Extremes to modernize the house onto 802.11ac and have broader coverage.

In the past when we had U-Verse (09-12), it was a total pain to do that.

Is it still a pain to do that?

I'm assuming we're getting the NVG589 on install (HSD/Phone/TV), and I found a handy-dandy $3 app on Google Play that uses a backdoor to patch the config files into a closer form of "true bridge mode, FWIW.
nitin00
join:2010-01-17
Stockton, CA

nitin00

I have netgear R6250 and it is just plug and play. I disable the wireless on RG and netgear automatically goes in to access point mode. That is the easiest way to eliminate the lack of range on the RG.

As far as I know there is no true bridge mode on the RG. Best solution would be to set up your airport as access point behind the RG and disable the wifi on it.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to tehkwhiz

Premium Member

to tehkwhiz
said by tehkwhiz:

I'm assuming we're getting the NVG589 on install (HSD/Phone/TV), and I found a handy-dandy $3 app on Google Play that uses a backdoor to patch the config files into a closer form of "true bridge mode, FWIW.

Could you give us a link to that patch? It sounds interesting.
tehkwhiz
join:2012-02-28
Columbus, OH
Humax BGW320-500
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti U6-Lite

tehkwhiz

His "rooting" actually works for the NVG510 and the NVG589, however it does not work on the NVG589 with any firmware version past 9.1.0h4d38 -- at least for now.

Here's the page:

»earlz.net/view/2012/06/0 ··· he-webui

Here's the app he made on Google Play:
»play.google.com/store/ap ··· 510fixer

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to tehkwhiz

Premium Member

to tehkwhiz
Thanks!