Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

[Internet] Just some FEED Back Please if you would

Hi,

I'm just curious if any members would like to comment not to put both Giant compnaies down but just out of curiosity

who do you like for internet services and speed wise Bell or Rogers

Your feed back would be greatly appreciated I have been with Rogers for about 3 years now and I like there services I haven't had any problems with there internet hardly and there speed for is pretty good even on WiFi

Regards
Dabonz

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·voip.ms
Rogers.

Bell is DSL, so line quality is more of an issue. Apparently my area has been updated..but..I just didn't want to chance at a slower connection

Years ago, when Bell was "whatever" speed, and Rogers was around 3meg, I had 1.8 meg with Bell and got downgraded to about 1 meg, that's when I left for Rogers.

But times have changed, so perhaps DSL is just as good as Cable, assuming upgrades done in area.

iamkyle

join:2011-03-22
Newmarket, ON
reply to dabonz
said by dabonz:

Hi,

I'm just curious if any members would like to comment not to put both Giant compnaies down but just out of curiosity

who do you like for internet services and speed wise Bell or Rogers

Your feed back would be greatly appreciated I have been with Rogers for about 3 years now and I like there services I haven't had any problems with there internet hardly and there speed for is pretty good even on WiFi

Regards
Dabonz

If you have FTTH, Bell without question.

It's leaving copper cable in the dust.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to dabonz
It really depends on geography but in my area Rogers wins hands down. I always get the advertised speed and outages have been very minimal.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
reply to dabonz
Bell 25/10 with Fibe TV. I'm about 300m from the JWI and my line is in great condition.

dabonz

Ottawa, ON
reply to dabonz
well this is from Toronto to Kanata via Wifi on the CGN2 and I'm downstairs and my Router is on the Second Floor

»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3400837301

And Bell only offering me 25 down but across the street from its 50 mb/s down

So right now Roger is winning for me

LastDon

join:2002-08-13
have you been getting consistent speeds with Rogers? or do they move up and down during "Prime" Time or weekends?

If are getting the advertised speeds I wouldn't move.. now if you had issues, I'd take another look.

dabonz

Ottawa, ON
reply to dabonz
they been pretty good so far maybe like 7-10pm but i can still stream HDX 1080p np

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to dabonz
Ottawa = Rogers.

But I'd recommend Start instead. They use Rogers lines but are cheaper and provide better service Check em out OP, using Start in Ottawa for months now without issues!
--
www.613websites.com - Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to dabonz
It really depends on geography....

If Bell provides a speed tier that you want, I would say go with Bell, hands down. (well, a reseller, not Bell directly). The type of technical issues I've seen people reporting here for Rogers mostly have to do with capacity and bad network design, which is something you as a user can't fix (and either can't be fixed at all, or requires weeks/months to get a fix in). The type of technical issues people report with Bell usually have to do with physical line problems (which require a tech but can usually be fixed within a day or two), or bad customer-end hardware (sometimes provided by Bell, but either way, something that you can fix without involving them). Couple that with the customer service, where I've found Rogers actively tries to stymie any attempt at escalation, and actually invents call logs for outbound supervisor calls that never happened (has happened to me twice), you could not pay me enough to do business with Rogers.

Unfortunately, the building I'm in is not served by Bell, and doesn't allow satellite dishes. Which is why I'm with vmedia. It's still Rogers cable, but at least I don't have to deal with Rogers customer service, and if I ever do decide that I'm home enough to warrant having cable instead of rabbit ears, they have a TV offering.

modemport

join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

2 edits
reply to dabonz
according to Bell's current pricing structure:

Bell fibe internet 5/1
32.95 for 3 months
37.95 thereafter
15gb

Bell fibe internet 15/10
32.95 for 3 months
55.95 thereafter
75gb

Bell fibe internet 25/10
32.95 for 3 months
65.95 thereafter
125gb

unlimited internet usage - 10$/mo if on a 3 bundle package; otherwise 30$/mo
i'm assuming all plans require 1 year contracts
note - these are the only 3 plans Bell offers to my address.

Rogers is unavailable for me.

But I'm on Teksavvy-

highspeed dsl 6/.8
26.99 75gb
32.99 300gb
39.99 unlimited

highspeed dsl 15/10
41.99 300gb
56.99 unlimited

highspeed dsl 25/10
44.99 300gb
64.99 unlimited

TSI offers 6 different speed packages to my address.

All TSI's dsl packages include free downloading from 2am to 8am which does not count towards total usage; uploads at all times are also excluded from total usage.
No contracts required.

If i went with Bell, as I don't have a 3 bundle package, and want at least 300gb/mo, it would cost me 67.95$ plus 15% tax.
Teksavvy charges me 32.99$ plus 15% tax.

Do ya really think Bell is even on my consideration list ....

dabonz

Ottawa, ON
reply to taraf
it's funnie you say that My buudy owns a bizness and had a bundle with rogers,but his rogers kept going down and called rogers several times a Tecky came by and they changed some type of filter and then it went down again so he was fed up so the guy who he rents the upstairs that owns the building has been with bell for years and years own and ART shop downstairs told my buddy he has been with bell for a long time and has never went down so my buddy had no choice but to go with bell even tho my buddy is bundle at home with rogers but he says he got a bizness to run and cant afford the down time of the internet,so he is a litlle concerned now cuz he was on a contract with Rogers

windsurf

@wind.ca
Business internet usually has some sort of SLA, if the downtime breaches the maximum allowed %, its possible to cancel the contract without penalty. I did this years ago with Bell, who didn't give a rats behind about providing the service that I paid for.

If your buddy decided to cheap out on the essentials, ie home internet for his business, not much to say there really, other than stop being cheap.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

Ottawa = Rogers.

But I'd recommend Start instead. They use Rogers lines but are cheaper and provide better service Check em out OP, using Start in Ottawa for months now without issues!

+1 I've been with Start since November 2012. Was with Rogers for a little over 6 years before that. I've had some minor hiccups, but they were usually just maintenance in the area. Basically I have the same excellent line quality I had with Rogers, but with a better package (35/10 at $59.95+tx).