All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha

[Internet] Can I have both Residential & Business Class Internet?

I am considering a position that will require me to have a separate internet connection for work as well as separate phone line.

I currently have Roadrunner residential and BHN phone.

Can I have both residential phone and internet (I have a modem for both) as well as separate RR business class internet and phone in the same home? ie 4 modems coming from same outside coax with different IPs?

The employer is going to pay for the business class services so cost is not an issue.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

This is complicated and I want lean towards no because things have changed but I would rather you call Business Solutions and find out for sure.

kdwycha
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha

Second question would be can I have two separate lines on my Aries phone modem?

And can I have two seperate data modems with separate ips and residential connections?

Reason I ask is this employer will not allow you to use internet connection and phone line for personal use and I have no choice for an alternative secondary provider.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to kdwycha

to kdwycha
I don't know about separate Residential and Biz Class lines, but on the business side it's no problem to get two separate connections on 2 separate accounts. At one of our heavy-use locations where 100/10 isn't enough (not enough upstream) we're considering adding a second 100/10 line. Our rep says this is no problem and he has other customers doing just that.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to kdwycha

Premium Member

to kdwycha
It's the combination of resi and business that's the problem. You can have two internet accounts on either side of the equation.

kdwycha
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha

said by BHNtechXpert:

It's the combination of resi and business that's the problem. You can have two internet accounts on either side of the equation.

So I could in theory have 2 modems and 2 residential accounts with two separate WAN dynamic IP addresses?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to kdwycha

Premium Member

to kdwycha
Sure you will pay for full service on both but why not.